Randy Peterson Article

ekim121

Apr 13, 2006
I usually don't complain too much, but when talking about storming the field he talked about a 1997 game against Baylor as if it were the only time the field has been stormed. It was a pathetic display of journalism.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I usually don't complain too much, but when talking about storming the field he talked about a 1997 game against Baylor as if it were the only time the field has been stormed. It was a pathetic display of journalism.

I AGREE More Rubbish from the DM Register:yes4lo:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
NEWSFLASH: Assistant coaches are real people too!

I always thought they were robots who ate old people's medicine for fuel.

Thank god someone cleared that up.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
You guys are acting like Randy Petersen is someone worth reading.. After hearing his first question to Pollard after McCarney's rip your heart out resignation, I will never read another article that drip puts out and it is just one more thing against the DM Rag that will never make me a subscriber. I can't even stomach getting them for free when filling up with gas at Kum n Go

ISUAlum2003

Oct 18, 2006
Iowa
I totally agree. It's like it took him 6 days to realize that A Lot of people's lives are being affected by this change. The article he wrote after the CU game was awful & now he is all of the sudden sympathetic towards the move. Can't believe he had the wit to ask Pollard at the news conference if Mac would have been dismissed at the end of the season. Makes you wonder if Journalists are robots?

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Is what he wrote today even an article? It seemed more like an opening. It seems to me that Jeremy is being way to hummble, if what Randy Peterson writes is still journalism. ...Oh and For Cyclonesrule91, please try not to fill up at Kum and Go. All your money goes to the Hawks. Bill Kruse even has the hawk flag flying right under the Stars and Stripes at his corp headQ.

ISUAlum2003

Oct 18, 2006
Iowa
It seemed more like an Obituary of the 2006 ISU Assistant Coaches. I think he should cover the hawks instead or be re-assinged to the obituary department.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Is what he wrote today even an article? It seemed more like an opening. It seems to me that Jeremy is being way to hummble, if what Randy Peterson writes is still journalism. ...Oh and For Cyclonesrule91, please try not to fill up at Kum and Go. All your money goes to the Hawks. Bill Kruse even has the hawk flag flying right under the Stars and Stripes at his corp headQ.

Good point kgreeny, I am done with Kum n Go

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I haven't read an rag sports article for several weeks. I read Peterson's and the story rehashing the basketball coaching changes from half a year ago and thought, I'm not missing anything by not reading this......
Thank god for CF!

JRCampy

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

I haven't read the article, but I remember being at that game... it was my first time (and only time that year) to witness an ISU football victory, being from Illinois and a freshman that fall. I also believe that was the last time I've seen the north end zone goal post on the ground. There was a huge blizzard that next day, anybody else remember that?? Sorry to get off topic, just thought I would share a few memories... :rolleyes5cz:

-James

Last edited:

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
i was at the nebraska game in 2001 when we rushed the field. that would have been a better example, randy!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
i was at the nebraska game in 2001 when we rushed the field. that would have been a better example, randy!

Would that actually be 2002? I was stuck in Hawaii for that game so I didn't get to see it in person. :angry6wn:

I do recall the highlights though and it being on ABC. And, Jack Arute (sp) was in Ames for that game. He was literally mobbed on the field as the fans rushed and surrounded him. I've even got a photo of my brother hanging from the north goal post.

A great day in Cyclone athletics.

hansen55

Apr 12, 2006
Avoca, IA
I would say that both articles are equally terrible, the assistant coach article and the victory over Baylor article. It was nice that he picked rushing the field after the Baylor game instead of any of the others. Also, we are not completely oblivious to the fact that DM's assistants will most likely be unemployed because of his resignation. We understand the situation, as do they. It comes with the territory especially in college football today. It doesn't mean that we don't feel for them or anybody else that is out of work. We all wish them the very best in the future.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
I hope he wrote an article about the Assistant coaches that were fired last spring from Iowa. Otherwise it would just seem like he is trying to make Clone fans feel bad for wanting a sports team that can win. I am sure a fine journalist would cover both stories the same.

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
Would that actually be 2002? I was stuck in Hawaii for that game so I didn't get to see it in person. :angry6wn:

I do recall the highlights though and it being on ABC. And, Jack Arute (sp) was in Ames for that game. He was literally mobbed on the field as the fans rushed and surrounded him. I've even got a photo of my brother hanging from the north goal post.

A great day in Cyclone athletics.
yes, sorry...had the wrong year. atif austin was hanging on the goal post for a while too. so fun!

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I haven't read the article, but I remember being at that game... it was my first time (and only time that year) to witness an ISU football victory, being from Illinois and a freshman that fall. I also believe that was the last time I've seen the north end zone goal post on the ground. There was a huge blizzard that next day, anybody else remember that?? Sorry to get off topic, just thought I would share a few memories... :rolleyes5cz:

-James

I thikn that was the last time they came down before they bought the "industructible" post they have today - we've tried, I even heard they've been bent a couple times - but you need a torch to get them down now. (anybody got a compact torch?)

Remember it well, marched the post all the way to the lake and threw it in. The street was so packed you would be walking an chanting "**** Jiske!" - (first dry Viesha), and you run straight into a car in the middle of the crowd that decided to drive down lincoln way at the wrong time.

good times.:yes4lo:

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
"Assistant coaches hit hard by changes"

http://dmregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061115/SPORTS020602/611150380/1003/SPORTS

Good ol' Randy is at it again. We all know that this is hard on the coaches families. However, all the coaches know that getting fired/changing jobs is a huge part of their careers.

I am not saying its sad. I am saying Mr. Peterson is trying to sensationalize the topic more than it needs to be.

Repeating "Assistant coaches have lives, too." over and over again, gives me the impression that he is trying to say "shame on ISU for the coaching change"