Friday QOTW 8/22 - Hangover Cures

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
It was my friend's 21st last night so the discussion about hangover cures got brought up this morning.

What is your personal hangover cure?

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I don't get them. If you drink enough they don't exist.

When i was in college, a greasy Hardees or McDonalds breakfast would hit the spot OR hit the water bong.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
Vitamin B12, pedialyte, and excedrin. I don't mess around when it comes to a real hangover.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

I have read over and over recently that according to numerous tests Sprite is the best hangover remedy. I have started to take Excedrin Migraine, Afrin nose spray, wash down a Sprite and eat some Huevos Rancheros and I'm good to go. My doctor buddy has said that Cayenne Pepper pills would do exactly what the Huevos Rancheros does as Cayenne Pepper apparently sends blood to parts of your body that haven't seen blood in years.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I have read over and over recently that according to numerous tests Sprite is the best hangover remedy. I have started to take Excedrin Migraine, Afrin nose spray, wash down a Sprite and eat some Huevos Rancheros and I'm good to go. My doctor buddy has said that Cayenne Pepper pills would do exactly what the Huevos Rancheros does as Cayenne Pepper apparently sends blood to parts of your body that haven't seen blood in years.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Weekend, and stationary: bloody marys, coffee, and a breakfast containing some combination of eggs, potatoes, and meat. Tons of hot sauce/salsa on that.

Weekend, and have to come home from somewhere: Subway, loaded with veggies, most importantly jalapenos and bannana peppers. Chased with coffee, water, and ibuprofen.

Weekday: Pray for death

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
Hydration and 2 ibuprofen. Something with flavor is often more satisfying than just water.

If nausea accompanies the hangover, than the only remedy is time....unfortunately.

CYvilEng

Aug 20, 2012
Des Moines
As a person who doesn't drink excessively very frequently, I take milk thistle a few days in advance of knowing I'm going to have too many. And I haven't had a hangover since I started doing it.

In a nutshell, milk thistle is an herb that helps liver function.

Edit: this is a prevention not cure.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I don't get them. I really don't know why. I have heard a few others older than me that said they never did either when they were my age but get them now.

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
Slam some agua and then go run 4-15 miles. It sucks while doing it, but you feel loads better by the time you're done.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron