Cyclone TV fail

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
I clicked the link to the receiver and tight end newcomer video. It shows a Miami of Ohio interview. WTF!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I clicked the link to the receiver and tight end newcomer video. It shows a Miami of Ohio interview. WTF!

Did you report it to them? Or just to us?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
There is FAR more wrong with cyclones.tv that is probably completely beyond ISU's control. I would like them to create a class that allows our students, among the best in the computer business, the ability to maintain and manage the site. I'm pretty sure at this point the entire thing is out sourced to leirfield.

The menu system for one is absolutely terrible. It takes ten years to find a video, even if you already know where it is. I can go to youtube and find half the games faster. The server is always over-burdened. That is why it drops, and doesn't connect, and redirects. Unacceptable in my opinion for a school that gives out a special degree for computer science.

Again it may be out of their control, but with the money the fans are putting up, I think they can make cyclones.tv, educational, public, and fantastic. It has a long ways to go.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Cyclones.tv is horrible. The luelion video format or whatever it is is horrible.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
There is FAR more wrong with cyclones.tv that is probably completely beyond ISU's control. I would like them to create a class that allows our students, among the best in the computer business, the ability to maintain and manage the site. I'm pretty sure at this point the entire thing is out sourced to leirfield.

The menu system for one is absolutely terrible. It takes ten years to find a video, even if you already know where it is. I can go to youtube and find half the games faster. The server is always over-burdened. That is why it drops, and doesn't connect, and redirects. Unacceptable in my opinion for a school that gives out a special degree for computer science.

Again it may be out of their control, but with the money the fans are putting up, I think they can make cyclones.tv, educational, public, and fantastic. It has a long ways to go.

What astronomical amount of jack are CYTV subscribers having to plunk down for it? Srs question have never paid for it.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
What astronomical amount of jack are CYTV subscribers having to plunk down for it? Srs question have never paid for it.

Brace yourself and prepare your anus...$80 a year or something like that. I've been a subscriber since it was the "clone zone".

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010

With a yearly subscription it's like $6.67 a month. I mean if you can work your budget around a little I'm sure it's doable for most, but it might make things tight around the house.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
With a yearly subscription it's like $6.67 a month. I mean if you can work your budget around a little I'm sure it's doable for most, but it might make things tight around the house.

Dayum, how do I tell my old lady our baby girl won't get diapers next month with a bill like that?

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Cyclones.tv is horrible. The luelion video format or whatever it is is horrible.

It is literally the worst player I have used in the past two years. I absolutely hate it.

I'm not a complain about everything type of guy but dear lord upgrade that player.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
It is literally the worst player I have used in the past two years. I absolutely hate it.

I'm not a complain about everything type of guy but dear lord upgrade that player.

I think it's pretty good putting a tv station together with a full time staff of something like five people.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA

and you would be wrong. CycloneTV is run by some very dedicated people..very few, but they work their ***** off to give you what you have...and with the same staff they've been give the task of providing Mediacomm television feed. Man...the thing is dirt cheap and gives unique content. I suspect it could be free and people would still find a reason to moan and groan about it. Bottom line...don't like it don't subscribe.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I don't have mediacom so I've yet to watch any of that programming, but perhaps their focus is more centered on that venture than the online stuff.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I don't get cyclones.tv specifically because of Neulion. Plus, you can always find a stream online.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I don't get cyclones.tv specifically because of Neulion. Plus, you can always find a stream online.

Coming up on 12,000 posts in 3 years but you can't be bothered to shell out $80 a year to support ISU's media production? Especially when you get a whole lot out of it? The more people that sign up the better the production will be, and the more stuff they'll be able to cover.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
As others have said the video format leaves a lot to be desired. A lot. I've tried it before and it's just too cumbersome to be worth the effort. The interviews are interesting but you CF covering all that now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron