Dave Sprau on K-State podcast discussing Cyclone football ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Good podcast. Thanks! They seem to give credit where credit is due. I guess KSU still has respect for Mangino.

There's no bitterness towards ISU, generally, that I find here toward K-State. And Mangino is respected but loathed by many Wildcat fans for leaving and taking recruits to OU in '98, when State had the epic fail v. aTm that cost K-State a national championship match with Tennessee. A lot of bitterness remains from that time.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
They seem to think ISU just needs a QB to step up in order to be an above average B12 offense but the D will struggle. I think the D will be better than anticipated so hopefully that means good things.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Very good insight from an outsider's prospective.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
There's no bitterness towards ISU, generally, that I find here toward K-State. And Mangino is respected but loathed by many Wildcat fans for leaving and taking recruits to OU in '98, when State had the epic fail v. aTm that cost K-State a national championship match with Tennessee. A lot of bitterness remains from that time.

I think most of us are OK with KSU. We just wish we had our super coach to take us to the top for a while. KSU is the most similar to ISU in the conference. We are brothers!

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Obviously K-State fans aren't bitter towards ISU football. I'll let you figure out why.

And for the butthurt dating back to 1998, yeah, K-State is the only is the only program ever to have a coach leave and take recruits with him. Get over it.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Obviously K-State fans aren't bitter towards ISU football. I'll let you figure out why.

And for the butthurt dating back to 1998, yeah, K-State is the only is the only program ever to have a coach leave and take recruits with him. Get over it.

Um, I wouldn't expect you to understand by the tone of your write, but this 'leaving' happened between the end of the season and the championship game. Mangino and Stoops didn't have the sportsmanship to wait until after the season. There was documented bitterness between them and the players that resulted from their announcement just before the aTm game. It was a matter of timing that got everyone in an uproar. Not that they left for a better place.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Went to Manhattan for the weekend for what turned out to be Chizik's last game...had a blast. Aggieville was a good time.

I'd definitely go back to the 'Little Apple'

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Agree 100%. That's why I've never understood the hate here.
ISU has been on that fringe of turning the corner since 1999, just never has like Kansas State. It's not like we don't go to bowl games and that, we just haven't taken the next step from 7-5 or 6-6.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Yeah I'd say K State is probably my 2nd favorite Big 12 team, mainly because they seem most similar to us. 99% of the people I've encountered in Manhattan have been great, although that's kind of expected when their football team is pushing ours around.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I think the D will be better than anticipated so hopefully that means good things.

I want to agree with you, Hopp, but I have a hard time seeing it when I scan the two deep. Too much youth. I feel like this team is a year away.

Morrissey is a warrior, though. I bet the defense starts to gel, but it won't be until the latter half of the season.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Um, I wouldn't expect you to understand by the tone of your write, but this 'leaving' happened between the end of the season and the championship game. Mangino and Stoops didn't have the sportsmanship to wait until after the season. There was documented bitterness between them and the players that resulted from their announcement just before the aTm game. It was a matter of timing that got everyone in an uproar. Not that they left for a better place.

I really don't care.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
This **** has to end:

Screenshot%202014-08-21%2010.36.59.png

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
How good is KSU going to be this year? I haven't heard much about them.

Snyder always excels with a second year senior quarterback, Jake Waters. A couple holes at offensive tackle and running back. Solve those and K-State could have one of those magical seasons and send Snyder off in high fashion. If not, they'll finish in the middle of the league.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
i really want to know how a medicore k-state team stomped our *** 42-3 in 2001. we were pretty good that year and the game was at home.