Kamari Cotton-Moya

BeachAve

Apr 22, 2014
indeed. A couple inches either way with that stray bullet would of been an unhappy scenario.

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
I'm really hoping to be happily surprised by this guy this year.

If he would have played last year would that have been 3 freshman playing in the secondary? I know the kid from Iowa City left right? Could be way lost on this as I have blocked most of the pain from last year out of my memory.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
A lot of promising young guys in the back 7. Wish we could have got Rogers to buy-in. KCM, TJM, Tribune, and Rogers were setting up to be a heck of a group, plus Richardson and Lynn.

Does anyone know if Cotton will be ready to see some snaps?

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
KCM's HS-highlight tape was excellent. Most were runs from the QB position. He switched there after the planned QB was injured. Dude was the best athlete in those highlights. No surprise he is lining up to start.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
A lot of promising young guys in the back 7. Wish we could have got Rogers to buy-in. KCM, TJM, Tribune, and Rogers were setting up to be a heck of a group, plus Richardson and Lynn.

Does anyone know if Cotton will be ready to see some snaps?

I think he will, special teams for sure, not sure how Mutch he will see at safety. Also wonder how Floyd is progressing.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I think he will, special teams for sure, not sure how Mutch he will see at safety. Also wonder how Floyd is progressing.

So is Devron Moore back with the team now? He was the person I thought would be the biggest impact on the performance of the secondary this year. Looked to be a heavy hitter that could come up and run support.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
So is Devron Moore back with the team now? He was the person I thought would be the biggest impact on the performance of the secondary this year. Looked to be a heavy hitter that could come up and run support.

Devron Moore is gone and that ship has sailed more than once.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I think you will see a rotation between KCM, D. Cotton, Mutcherson and Floyd with KCM and Mutcherson getting the majority of the snaps

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I think you will see a rotation between KCM, D. Cotton, Mutcherson and Floyd with KCM and Mutcherson getting the majority of the snaps

How has Kamari Syrie looked? He had some great HS tape, and it is easy to forget a guy after a couple of years.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I am big on this kid. To me he looks like a bigger and faster Jacques Washington.

This comment makes me very excited for KCM's future.

He gone, I believe it is permanent.