SI Big 12 Preview

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
I never get caught up into preseason hype and garbage. Push to shove they know nothing more than anyone else just get paid to write about junk. Easiest job ever.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
What's everyone's beef with BR

Basically anyone can write an article for them. People always gawk at "top 10 whatever lists" and fail to realize that the guy who wrote it works a dayjob and just writes for BR for some extra cash, he's no more informed than I am.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Criticism is fair only if you step up with your own predictions. Here are mine as of today.

BU, K-State, OU (three way tie for first)

TCU (a lot returning)
UT (may be too high)
TT (all hat no cattle)
OSU (reloading not)

ISU (better)
WVU (worse)
Ku (same)

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
True, although they just might be equally informed to most sportswriters.

BR does have some good writers (Adam Kramer being one of my favorites of any site) but they also have guys doing "Top 10 hottest athletes wives lists". Not exactly hard hitting journalism.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
BR does have some good writers (Adam Kramer being one of my favorites of any site) but they also have guys doing "Top 10 hottest athletes wives lists". Not exactly hard hitting journalism.

I agree 100%. I just like to point out that sportswriters tend not to know much about sports, and write the same lazy articles and "insights" over and over. I might be a little jealous that they manage to get paid for nothing that way.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

Speak for yourself.

Help Support Us

Become a patron