Josh Olgesby arrested

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
Public intox and interference with official acts. Hoks are relieved th the was not riding a moped.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Did they ever decide what the deal with Jok was going to be?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
gonna be rough starting the season without a player who reminds Hawkeye fans of Jordan and without the best practice shooter ever

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Thug life

Wait a minute.... does Josh have any tattoos? If not, he can't be a "thug" as defined by Hawk fans.

Tattoos=thug according to them. It doesn't matter what kind of person you are or what you do.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Meh. Stones, glass houses, all that business.

This would be more valid if Iowa fans didn't spend a lot of time talking about how Iowa State players are thugs and making cracks about our players being troubled and about Fran building things the right way.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
This would be more valid if Iowa fans didn't spend a lot of time talking about how Iowa State players are thugs and making cracks about our players being troubled and about Fran building things the right way.
...and maybe they wouldn't make cracks about Thug U and troubled players if ISU fans didn't rush to the message boards to say something snarky every time an Iowa athlete lands in trouble. I get that it's an in state rivalry and smack talk is part of the deal, but every program in the country deals with stuff like this. It's silly to point it out.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Meh. Stones, glass houses, all that business.

Eh... Seems their is a tone of facetiousness or irony in every post. People get it's not THAT big a deal. But many hawk fans love to paint every ISU transfer as a felon... it's turnabout.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
...and maybe they wouldn't make cracks about Thug U and troubled players if ISU fans didn't rush to the message boards to say something snarky every time an Iowa athlete lands in trouble. I get that it's an in state rivalry and smack talk is part of the deal, but every program in the country deals with stuff like this. It's silly to point it out.

I hate to say it, but ISU fans not poking fun at these relatively minor infractions isn't going to stop them from commenting on ISU players mistakes. In fact, some wouldn't even notice. Especially if we continue to be the better BBall team. In Basketball, they're the little brother.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Eh... Seems their is a tone of facetiousness or irony in every post. People get it's not THAT big a deal. But many hawk fans love to paint every ISU transfer as a felon... it's turnabout.

Fair enough. But if I'm going to mock Iowa fans it'll be about their tissue soft basketball team, their football team's joke of a schedule, the mausoleum that is Carver Hawkeye or their fanbase's general delusions of grandeur.

No point in attacking the individual players when they do something dumb in a bar. It happens in Iowa City, it happens in Ames, it happens everywhere.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Fair enough. But if I'm going to mock Iowa fans it'll be about their tissue soft basketball team, their football team's joke of a schedule, the mausoleum that is Carver Hawkeye or their fanbase's general delusions of grandeur.

No point in attacking the individual players when they do something dumb in a bar. It happens in Iowa City, it happens in Ames, it happens everywhere.

Oh I agree - those are much bigger opportunities to poke fun at Hawknation. When I read the news of Oglesby's oopsy, I have little more than a smirk.

Last edited: