Handicapped Parking for Football???

Statsman515

Jun 20, 2009
L A (Lovely Ames)
Help me out folks. Have any of you see information on how the parking for those of us with mobility issues will be affected for this season. Looks like the entire designated lot is filled with equipment. I also wonder where we will be able to enter the stadium for access to the west side. Just asking.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Emailing the Athletics Director to ask about parking?

How about just calling the ticket office.

888-478-2925

This isn't just a question about parking it is a question about ADA (the Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance. Are they going to park south of the stadium and then have to walk or wheel their wheel chairs all the way around the stadium to the north end to gain access to their seats?

Looking at the staff directory, Pollard would be one of the few people on that list that has access to all the information to know what the plan is.

Only problem with calling the ticket office is they do not have anything to do with parking. But it is a toll free number. They may know an answer or may be able to forward you to someone who does.

It is less then two weeks before the lots open and there still is not any information up on the web site. Yes, I would email Pollard to find out. He would know the answer and he would know who to push to get the information published for the general public.

Statsman515

Jun 20, 2009
L A (Lovely Ames)
Thanks for the ideas. I did, indeed, email JP earlier in the week and have yet to receive a reply. Looks like I'll have to write a second message

Edit: Just sent email #2. Will keep you all posted with any updates I get. Thanks again for your input!

Edit #2: Jamie responded in just a matter of a few hours. He is out of state on vacation but will have one of his staff respond to me early next week.

Last edited:

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Received a message today that the handicapped lot will remain at the south end of JT and that golf carts will transport folks into the stadium.

is there space to tailgate?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Keep, are you thinking about self administering a little 'Misery' style hobbling just to get your self a better tailgating spot?

We use the that lot for my dad. We all roll into Ames in my "magic livingroom" or mini-van, and tailgate at that lot.

Thanks for asking.

-keep