The South Endzone Project has started!!!

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
As I was driving by the stadium today construction crews are out there digging and putting in what appears to be drainage pipe. I know it's not all out construction but at least they have started.

I am so excited for this thing to be done!!

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
its_happening_ron_pau2l3_gif.gif

There. I did it first.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Sat on those pipes for the fireworks, wondering if they were getting ready to start the project soon.

Last edited:

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Some student with time on their hands (its summer after all) needs to stop by the stadium once a week or so with a camera phone and snap a few pics and upload them. Facility-crazed alums like myself who live outside Ames want constant updates on the stadium progress!

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Some student with time on their hands (its summer after all) needs to stop by the stadium once a week or so with a camera phone and snap a few pics and upload them. Facility-crazed alums like myself who live outside Ames want constant updates on the stadium progress!
Where's Cyber when you need him?

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

I'm not a student and I didn't take pictures, but I drove by yesterday and there is progress being made. Its just utilities work though, nothing too interesting. I just saw dirt piles, underground pipes and cable. The big stuff won't start until after this season.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
...Care to elaborate on this for a newbie?

Gene Chizik watch I believe. As in going to Auburn.

Now my memory is failing too. IRRC it was waiting for someone to show up, maybe a big recruit? Or something to do with realignment? I tried a search and don't have time to pick through all the results (mostly just references to sending him to the airport...) At the time everyone was egging him on to go out to the airport, it was hilarious, I promise!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Went by today. Lots of activity. Looks like they have torn up the walkways at the south entrance, as well as the walkways that go up the hill on each side from the south entrance. It looks like they have dug into the hillsides from the south.

Wonder what it is going to be like on game day. Hope it doesn't rain . . . except for all the NDSU people on this hillsides. :twitcy:

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
As I was driving by the stadium today construction crews are out there digging and putting in what appears to be drainage pipe. I know it's not all out construction but at least they have started.

I am so excited for this thing to be done!!

so-excited-sbb.gif

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
It looks to me like the hillsides on the south will be about 1/3 of their former capacity. There is already a fence up to separate the construction part with the rest of the hillside.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Went by today. Lots of activity. Looks like they have torn up the walkways at the south entrance, as well as the walkways that go up the hill on each side from the south entrance. It looks like they have dug into the hillsides from the south.

Wonder what it is going to be like on game day. Hope it doesn't rain . . . except for all the NDSU people on this hillsides. :twitcy:

Was there access to the bleachers from the south entrance or was it too torn up?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Was there access to the bleachers from the south entrance or was it too torn up?

Couldn't tell from my truck. May need to go over sometime when they aren't working.

It looks like it will be pretty messy, but they could still have paths to the endzone bleachers. Not sure there is any other way. They could just lay down some gravel and create paths in the dirt.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
It looks to me like the hillsides on the south will be about 1/3 of their former capacity. There is already a fence up to separate the construction part with the rest of the hillside.

Pollard said that on Murph and Andy, hillsides on the south end will be smaller this season with the expansion.