******PGA Championship******

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Phil and Tiger paired in the first two rounds. They just teed off and Phil hit his first shot out of bounds. Could be an interesting day.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Paddy is in that group too. What fun that'd be to watch in person.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Someone in that group will be called washed up when this is over.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Please be in contention on Sunday Tiger. A lazy day in the cave watching golf sounds awesome.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Tigers back will be interesting. I have almost the exact same issue as he does with SI joint and it goes from nothing to back spasms very quickly at times. If that's really what he had going on, I'm not shocked at all to see him go from barely being able to walk to being pain free in two days. It usually takes me about 3 days and the level of care isn't similar, I'm sure.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Tiger doesn't have to be in contention for it to be exciting, you know.

True, but it makes it more exciting. For me at least as a Tiger fan. I could settle for a Rory, Duff, and Spieth final day.

The last two majors have been boring as crap towards the end.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Tiger doesn't have to be in contention for it to be exciting, you know.

go look at the ratings of the masters and US open this year (without Tiger) and you'll have your answer

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
go look at the ratings of the masters and US open this year (without Tiger) and you'll have your answer
Ratings =/= excitement. A tournament can still be exciting despite Tiger not being in contention.

That said, the last two majors haven't been as exciting as WDSM pointed out, because Kaymer and Rory basically guaranteed themselves a victory after day 3.

Tiger prowling definitely brings ratings, but he's not needed for exciting golf.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Sounds like Duffy is thinking of hanging it up for this year.

Starting to get deep in the Ryder Cup bench.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Tigers back will be interesting. I have almost the exact same issue as he does with SI joint and it goes from nothing to back spasms very quickly at times. If that's really what he had going on, I'm not shocked at all to see him go from barely being able to walk to being pain free in two days. It usually takes me about 3 days and the level of care isn't similar, I'm sure.

My problem is in the lower back, and I go from moving very slowly and carefully to fine in the span of a two hour nap.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
My problem is in the lower back, and I go from moving very slowly and carefully to fine in the span of a two hour nap.

Backs are a funny thing. I have no idea what his deal is but for me, the joint going out isn't the issue. It's the fact that in a bit the muscles begin to go nuts. It just doesn't surprise me that he made that turnaround. I have had quite a bit of problems with that joint but I never could link it to the golf swing motion. In fact, golf seems to help it keep limbered up.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Sounds like Duffy is thinking of hanging it up for this year.

Starting to get deep in the Ryder Cup bench.

The US Ryder Cup team is looking old and crippled. I heard yesterday the European team was considering Bernard Langer as a captain pick, that has to be a first picking a senior player as a captain pick.

Tom Watson should just give all the young guys a chance and say good bye to Tiger and Phil.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron