Godfrey to Memphis

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Eligible immediately. Of course, he's not transferring to Iowa State, where all recruits are denied NCCA requests. He's transferring to Memphis, such a squeaky clean program.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I know this is said with some sarcasm, but we have had 3 players who have transferred that have been eligible immediately under Fred.

Not sure about Godfrey's situation, but with Fred, it was because of an NCAA rule. The three had graduated from their previous school. There was no appeal process or decision to be made by the NCAA. It was all legal from the start.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not sure about Godfrey's situation, but with Fred, it was because of an NCAA rule. The three had graduated from their previous school. There was no appeal process or decision to be made by the NCAA. It was all legal from the start.

The story says it is because of APR issues at his old school. Is that automatic immediate eligibility or is a waiver required when it is a transfer due to the APR hammer dropping? I honestly don't know.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Still one of my all time favorite Cyclones. IIRC there were a few pretty awesome avatars of him on this board.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Surprised that he does not have bigger numbers at Southern. Despite his issues at ISU he looked like a guy that would eventually be a stud at ISU if he would have stayed out of trouble. 13 points and 9 rebounds is okay, but Southern isn't exactly Kansas.