RIP, Veishea

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well I hope Tom Hill and Leath are ******* happy. They did nothing to try and save it. The task force was set up to make this decision.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Congratulations. If you were in the mob on Tuesday night, I'd like to offer a sincere **** you on behalf of all people with a brain in their head.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Why not just have a new celebration and spread it out more and not have the name.....seems like a no brainer.

Still comes off as a horrible knee jerk reaction.

WrestlerJJE

Feb 6, 2014
Ames, Iowa
I love it how the tasks force says "we will try to make 2 to 3 smaller events"........... I know it stinks but man VEISHEA was getting real rowdy!

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Like I have said before, I am just fine with this move as long as we step up our Homecoming festivities.

The excuse for having a poor homecoming was always that we had VEISHEA and we ended up doing a very average job at both celebrations.

Let's make HC awesome now.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
So you're saying the chive.com is wrong?!?!

iowa-bonafide-30.jpg

"Iowa State Univserity has some craziness as well. It is mostly known for their yearly festival called Veishea. It has basically grown to the point where students take a week off from class do nothing but drink all day long."

http://thechive.com/2014/08/05/iowa-gets-bona-fide-47-photos/

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Well I hope Tom Hill and Leath are ******* happy. They did nothing to try and save it. The task force was set up to make this decision.

I'm sure there were people on the deck of the Titanic screaming about why the crew wasn't trying to fix the hole in the hull.

Sometimes things aren't able to be saved. Sometimes they're not worth being saved.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If people are outraged by this, you'll see protesting and petitioning...otherwise, it is what it is.

Really sucks as a father of a kid who LOVES parades.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I'm going to miss returning to campus in the spring and celebrating all that is Iowa Sate

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Like I have said before, I am just fine with this move as long as we step up our Homecoming festivities.

The excuse for having a poor homecoming was always that we had VEISHEA and we ended up doing a very average job at both celebrations.

HC will not change. Must avoid the party animals....must avoid the drinkers....

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm sure there were people on the deck of the Titanic screaming about why the crew wasn't trying to fix the hole in the hull.

Sometimes things aren't able to be saved. Sometimes they're not worth being saved.

Yea, yea, yea, we know you hate VEISHEA and have wanted it gone since the dawn of man.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
So if a riot happens next year without the event... what is the solution?

tear gas, severe beatings, expulsions, and lots and lots of jail time.

If the festival formerly known as VEISHEA ever has a chance of coming back in any form whatsoever in the future, it would be killed forever by another riot next year.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I wish it had been restored as a student recruiting tool. a demonstration of the research and majors of the university

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

I hope you are right, but Homecoming has become so self-contained in the Greek system as it is now that it would take a ton of work and more than a few years to bring non-Greeks into the fold.

Last edited: