CFTV: OL coach enthusiastic early on

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Interesting that he would say its not the players against the coaches. Reference to the goings on of the prior staff you think?

Maybe, but I've also heard him mention more than once (I think in the spring) and today that the OL was well coached before and he walked into a fairly good situation.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Love his attitude. And love the comments that "this group has the chance to really be something special".

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
Maybe, but I've also heard him mention more than once (I think in the spring) and today that the OL was well coached before and he walked into a fairly good situation.

True, but there is a huge difference in playing for a coach because you have to and playing for a coach because you want to.

Edit: And after Jake Campos' comments in the other thread I'm fairly sure my statement above is the glaring difference in terms of coach/player relationship.

Speaking from experience in the Corps... I think we are going to see a remarkable difference on the field because great leadership is reflected by great results.

Last edited:

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I like the not about me attitude he has and that fact that he realizes that he and the OL are being judge together. The results will show what they have, but it sounds like Coach K. really rubbed a lot of the guys the wrong way, which is never going to work.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Coach Blaney is a rock star! Love that guy. Can't imagine how the players feel, the guy just seems like a coach you want to do well for.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
So, I personally feel Farniok is an NFL qaulity, some have said Dagel has NFL potential and now the coaches are saying that Burton is a potential all-conference player down the road (which I feel would lead to an NFL look).

Are there really 3 NFL guys on this year's O-Line?

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
So, I personally feel Farniok is an NFL qaulity, some have said Dagel has NFL potential and now the coaches are saying that Burton is a potential all-conference player down the road (which I feel would lead to an NFL look).

I would be Gannon will be in a camp as well this time next season.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Interesting that he would say its not the players against the coaches. Reference to the goings on of the prior staff you think?

Farniok was interviewed and pretty much said that Klenakis was a hard ***. They may have learned solid fundamentals but I think Blaney will get a lot more out of them overall.

I wish I could find the interview again.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames

Burton is a potential all-conference player this year. He's going to be among the best we've ever had.

Apr 19, 2006

Blaney is a stand up guy all around. I had the opportunity to talk to him during one of the coaches clinics and then at the scrimmage afterwards down on the sideline. He was frustrated with a player and was really coaching him up right in front of us. He then came over and explained everything and I was just blown away by the way he handled everything. I can see how this team loves CPR, but I think with other guys like Blaney they have to be in heaven.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I was listening to this, thinking that I could really see Blaney as a successful head coach one day. As much as I like some of our assistants, I can't say that for all of them.