Coming Soon...Iowan Craft Beer Hall downtown DM

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Nice! Since just about everything these guys touch turns to gold, look for this to be a winner in the near future. Cool idea...

Iowan Craft Beer Hall downtown
Published on August 4th, 2014 | by Joe Lawler

Full Court Press is known for its great beer bars with international themes like The Royal Mile (British) and Hessen Haus (German). For its next project, the group is aiming a little closer to home.

The Iowan Craft Beer Hall will feature more than 75 Iowa beers on tap and serve predominately Iowa food products. Iowa now has more than 50 breweries producing beer, which should provide plenty of beers to choose from.
But one thing Full Court Press is still looking for is a location. The group is currently seeking developers to find the right location downtown...

Read more...http://dmjuice.com/el-bait-shop-owners-planning-the-iowan-craft-beer-hall-downtown/

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Not a fan of the name, but it'll be a cool showcase for Iowa breweries.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
They better have more beer then the place at adventure land that sells iowa craft beer. They were out of more beers them they had.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
It's a struggle for me with Toppling Goliath. I want their beer more often, but I don't want them to grow too fast and start making ****** beer either. I guess I'm happy with how their production levels/quality is currently.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
So I wonder it this means they will dedicate Bait Shop solely to out of state craft beers or if there will be a overlap?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Not a fan of the name, but it'll be a cool showcase for Iowa breweries.

I agree, think they should go with, "Great Iowa Beer Hall", or just "Iowa Beer Hall". Or "Iowa Hall of Beer and Bacon" because people are stupid about bacon.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
So I wonder it this means they will dedicate Bait Shop solely to out of state craft beers or if there will be a overlap?
No way they get rid of all of them. Probably will scale it back a bit, but they've got to at least have TG & Confluence.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
No way they get rid of all of them. Probably will scale it back a bit, but they've got to at least have TG & Confluence.

Why even bother scaling back?

If it sells, it sells. Can't imagine Bait Shop telling a customer "oh you have to go down the street if you want an Iowa beer"....

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
It's a struggle for me with Toppling Goliath. I want their beer more often, but I don't want them to grow too fast and start making ****** beer either. I guess I'm happy with how their production levels/quality is currently.

I don't want them to make crap beers but my god it would be nice to be able to go into a store in central Iowa and buy one of their beers. Right now you have to follow a bunch of people on twitter and then drive straight to one of the 5 or so stores in Des Moines that actually carry it for 2 hours a week.

If it was up to me they would move production to 90% PsuedoSue. The good news is that El Bait Shop almost always has it on tap.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I agree, think they should go with, "Great Iowa Beer Hall", or just "Iowa Beer Hall". Or "Iowa Hall of Beer and Bacon" because people are stupid about bacon.

Some more names
Beer Iowa Style
Cyclone Heaven
Craft is US
Bacon Beer & Babes
Iowa's Finest Craft

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
On Ingersoll or in Beaverdale would be cool. Right off a bike trail would be even cooler.

Which is why downtown makes even more sense. Convergence of all kinds of trails.

East Village wouldn't be a bad locale either. Particularly along that new stretch of MLK just east of the river.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron