Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LetsPlay2

Dec 18, 2008
Des Moines
I never knew Kurt Warner went to Iowa State. When will national people learn to get the school right?
Link: http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/01/pro-football-Hall-of-Fame-2015-tim-brown-kurt-warner

Excerpt for those that do not want to read the article: It's been almost a decade since the last quarterback was inducted into the Hall of Fame, when Troy Aikman and Warren Moon became part of football legend in 2006. Warner's candidacy isn't as much of a lead-pipe lock as Brett Favre's will be in 2016, but I think there's more than enough to push him into the discussion in a serious way. A four-time Pro Bowler and two-time First-Team All-Pro, Warner's career arc is one of the most unique in NFL history. Most people know the story of the undrafted player from Iowa State who once stocked shelves at a grocery store during the night shift and had to go through arena football and NFL Europe before the Rams took a flyer on him in 1998, but it was the way he recovered from five mediocre-to-horrible seasons in the middle of his career to match what he did early on with the Rams in St. Louis that makes his story truly remarkable.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I never knew Kurt Warner went to Iowa State. When will national people learn to get the school right?
Link: http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/01/pro-football-Hall-of-Fame-2015-tim-brown-kurt-warner

Excerpt for those that do not want to read the article: It's been almost a decade since the last quarterback was inducted into the Hall of Fame, when Troy Aikman and Warren Moon became part of football legend in 2006. Warner's candidacy isn't as much of a lead-pipe lock as Brett Favre's will be in 2016, but I think there's more than enough to push him into the discussion in a serious way. A four-time Pro Bowler and two-time First-Team All-Pro, Warner's career arc is one of the most unique in NFL history. Most people know the story of the undrafted player from Iowa State who once stocked shelves at a grocery store during the night shift and had to go through arena football and NFL Europe before the Rams took a flyer on him in 1998, but it was the way he recovered from five mediocre-to-horrible seasons in the middle of his career to match what he did early on with the Rams in St. Louis that makes his story truly remarkable.

Duh... he sacked groceries at Fareway before starting for the Iowa State Hawkeyes.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006

I lived in Amherst for a couple of years. For some reason people confused Iowa with Idaho and they would say things like:
"Isn't that where they grow potatoes?"
And they weren't joking.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
At ISU he played under the alias - Ron Mexico. Or was it Duane MacCarney? One of the two, I just can't remember.

TRZA

Mar 4, 2009
West Side of Des Moines
I thought he talked to the kids before the high school all star game held at jack trice back in the nineties, it was after he was cut by green bay.