Friday QOTW 8/1 - Move Out Best Find

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
My question this week since it is move out day.

What is the best find that you've found with things that people have thrown out?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
We got a mattress from a mattress store still in the packaging, only a slight tear.

An ISU cornhole set

Lawn chair set with "broken table". A couple screws fixed it.

3 coffee tables

A couple microfiber couches.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
What is the best find that you've found with things that people have thrown out?

ne3J6Ch.gif

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I've never gone out looking for stuff.

I did find an ex's used tampon under my bed last week though. Don't ask me when or how it got there cuz I have no clue.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

I did find an ex's used tampon under my bed last week though. Don't ask me when or how it got there cuz I have no clue.
I think we all know how it go there. Obviously she was planning a scavenger hunt for you to do as a couple before you guys broke up.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

Did you at least try to return it?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Basically I took a picture of the tampon and asked her why it was under my bed. She said something along the lines of her dog must've put it there.

That was the end of the conversation. I'll never know how exactly that dog got in the toilet/trash/whatever women do with that witchcrafted item, or if the dog really did get in the toilet/trash/whatever they do with it.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Basically I took a picture of the tampon and asked her why it was under my bed. She said something along the lines of her dog must've put it there.

That was the end of the conversation. I'll never know how exactly that dog got in the toilet/trash/whatever women do with that witchcrafted item, or if the dog really did get in the toilet/trash/whatever they do with it.
Why was her dog at your place. I have a strict your animal is your animal policy. Ain't nobody got time to clean up after their animals.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Why was her dog at your place. I have a strict your animal is your animal policy. Ain't nobody got time to clean up after their animals.

This actually led to her becoming my ex. Her dog was hyped up like none other all the time. I couldn't be on a computer, watch tv, or do anything relaxing with that effer in the room because it was constantly jumping on me.

Told her I didn't like her dog, she told me if I can't accept her dog, I can't accept her. Boom, we stopped talking.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
And for the record, I love dogs. I've had 5 in my family ranging from large dogs to small dogs. So it's not that I just hate animals, I love 'em if they ain't lil' *****.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I don't dumpster dive. A 50+-year-old woman who I used to work with would go out every August 1 and bring in all of the nasty pots and pans, etc. that she'd found to work the next day. It always disturbed me a little.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I don't dumpster dive. A 50+-year-old woman who I used to work with would go out every August 1 and bring in all of the nasty pots and pans, etc. that she'd found to work the next day. It always disturbed me a little.

Ya, thats gross. I guess I've never thought diving in a dumpster for items a college student had just finished using. If a college student doesn't want it, no one probably wants it.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
This actually led to her becoming my ex. Her dog was hyped up like none other all the time. I couldn't be on a computer, watch tv, or do anything relaxing with that effer in the room because it was constantly jumping on me.

Told her I didn't like her dog, she told me if I can't accept her dog, I can't accept her. Boom, we stopped talking.
My old best friend/roommates gf had a dog like this and I put it in the yard for 6 hours while they were gone because they decided to leave it at the house while they went to decorah. Needless to say words were had. I made sure it had water but other than that ignored it. She was ******.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Ya, thats gross. I guess I've never thought diving in a dumpster for items a college student had just finished using. If a college student doesn't want it, no one probably wants it.

Yep, exactly. It was probably already a hand-me-down in the first place from someone who thought it was beyond the point of being used, if it's in the hands of a college student. It's not getting better from there.