NFL: ***Official NFL Camp and Preseason Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Players are reporting, practices are starting, and the Hall of Fame Game is eight days away. The offseason is over!

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
JOHNNY FOOTBALL

The most famous backup QB in NFL history. I think Hoyer will be under center Week One against the Steelers in Pittsburgh. But unless Hoyer gets the Browns on a roll early, Manziel will get his shot. What he does with it is up in the air. I tend to think that his game is not going to translate to the NFL level - the players are too strong, too fast and too smart for his freelance style to succeed. But we'll find out. In fairness, there were a lot of future NFL defenders on those Alabama teams he torched the last two years.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Peyton is going to be fired up for that one, that loss in Indy stung last year. Hopefully it will be payback time

And no Robert Mathis either. Could be a long game unless Luck can keep them in it. Denver's revamped secondary is going to get a good test.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
And no Robert Mathis either. Could be a long game unless Luck can keep them in it. Denver's revamped secondary is going to get a good test.

I'm excited to see Denver's defense...I like the improvements they've made on that side of the ball. If the Broncos can stay healthy and avoid injuries to key players which was an issue last year, they'll be better than they were in 2013.

6 more weeks

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm excited to see Denver's defense...I like the improvements they've made on that side of the ball. If the Broncos can stay healthy and avoid injuries to key players which was an issue last year, they'll be better than they were in 2013.

6 more weeks

Agreed. They're the heavy favorite in the AFC. Eric Decker will miss them more than they'll miss him. Ditto for Knowshon Moreno.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
This has felt like one of the longest offseasons ever. Maybe it's because there was no NCAA Football video game...

Not sure what to expect out of the Vikings this year. I'm not so concerned about the results, more about how Teddy Bridgewater develops, the new coaching staff runs things, and how well-positioned they can be heading into '15-'16. Adrian Peterson won't be around forever, and if they are going to make a playoff run with him as the cornerstone, it will need to be relatively soon.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
This has felt like one of the longest offseasons ever. Maybe it's because there was no NCAA Football video game...

Not sure what to expect out of the Vikings this year. I'm not so concerned about the results, more about how Teddy Bridgewater develops, the new coaching staff runs things, and how well-positioned they can be heading into '15-'16. Adrian Peterson won't be around forever, and if they are going to make a playoff run with him as the cornerstone, it will need to be relatively soon.

NFC North is going to be really interesting. Can Green By stay healthy or stop anybody? Will Cutler show he's the guy? With a new coach, will Detroit play with any kind of discipline to go along with their talent? Who is going to be the QB in Minnesota? Should be a dogfight

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
NFC North is going to be really interesting. Can Green By stay healthy or stop anybody? Will Cutler show he's the guy? With a new coach, will Detroit play with any kind of discipline to go along with their talent? Who is going to be the QB in Minnesota? Should be a dogfight
Green Bay will run away with it as long as they stay relatively healthy.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Green Bay will run away with it as long as they stay relatively healthy.

I agree; I think GB wins the division, Chicago competes for a wild card, and Minnesota rebuilds. Detroit is the wild card I think - they could be anywhere from 5-11 wins.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

MayorsAge

Mar 24, 2014
I was at the Kansas City Chiefs camp yesterday in St Joseph, MO. First practice in pads and those guys wanted to hit. Fun day

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I was at the Kansas City Chiefs camp yesterday in St Joseph, MO. First practice in pads and those guys wanted to hit. Fun day

How did Aaron Murray look? I was surprised when he didn't start camp on the PUP list. He tore his ACL just last November, so that's a pretty quick recovery time. Amazing when you consider that the rehab time on that sort of injury used to be one full year.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
How did Aaron Murray look? I was surprised when he didn't start camp on the PUP list. He tore his ACL just last November, so that's a pretty quick recovery time. Amazing when you consider that the rehab time on that sort of injury used to be one full year.

I follow ESPN's Chiefs guy on Twitter and he said the Chiefs like what they see in him but don't be surprised if he is on the Injured Reserve all year. Alex Smith is the obvious starter, then Chase Daniel is the back-up. Tyler Bray likely has the 3rd string spot too. They drafted Murray so they don't want to cut him so IR is probably the best option for him anyways.

I'm nervous about the Chiefs offensive line situation.