Apr 8, 2014
La La Land

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Deadspin's got a bunch of stuff on ESPN and the way they've reacted to the Ray Rice punishment. Interesting reading.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
ESPN puts out such an awful product if anyone could compete with them on the scope they are able to operate they'd be toast. Put me on Team Beadle here.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Stephen A didn't really apologize, he basically said the same thing on twitter then apologized that people were misconstruing him, which they weren't, he's just making a really stupid point. He'll have a nice long suspension at best from this and I wouldn't be surprised if he got let go.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Nothing wrong with what he said IMO.

But what I’ve tried to employ the female members of my family, some of who you all met and talked to and what have you, is that again, and this what, I’ve done this all my life, let’s make sure we don’t do anything to provoke wrong actions,

Dont' do anything that will get you hit/beaten/raped. In other words, its your fault for the physical harm another person does to you.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Stephen A didn't really apologize, he basically said the same thing on twitter then apologized that people were misconstruing him, which they weren't, he's just making a really stupid point. He'll have a nice long suspension at best from this and I wouldn't be surprised if he got let go.

I think neither will happen.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
If a man can't knock his lady out cold when she acts up just what is he allowed to do?

I love how Stephen A. tries to defends his viewpoint by saying his mother was a victim of domestic violence (at least I think that's what he's trying to say, but how can you really tell)? and that makes him on authority on why women need to do more to not become victims.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Stephen's opine on this from Feb:

"It's important to recognize and reiterate [that] we do not know what happened ... inside that elevator," said Smith, concluding, "There is absolutely nothing ... that has ever brought [Rice's] integrity into question until now. ... He deserves the benefit of the doubt."

This guy is DB through and through.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
What am I missing here? I guess I'm agreeing with Smith on this. I don't see where Beadle is getting this "mini skirt" stuff.

I suppose I'm reading Smith's comments as 1) If you're in an abusive relationship - get out of it (harder done than said granted) or also

2) [video=youtube_share;5ESYvRGXKJI]http://youtu.be/5ESYvRGXKJI[/video]

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Dont' do anything that will get you hit/beaten/raped. In other words, its your fault for the physical harm another person does to you.

If I walk through the ghetto carrying a wad of cash in my hand in the open and someone beats me and steals it, is it my fault? NO. But doesn't mean I couldn't have thought about what I was doing a little more.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
yep, because he said that exactly.

"But what I've tried to employ the female members of my family, some of who you all met and talked to and what have you, is that again, and this what, I've done this all my life, let's make sure we don't do anything to provoke wrong actions"

What exactly is he talking about here, then?

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
If I walk through the ghetto carrying a wad of cash in my hand in the open and someone beats me and steals it, is it my fault? NO. But doesn't mean I couldn't have thought about what I was doing a little more.

Okay... I'll play. what could she have done in that elevator to get that response from Rice?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
You are blowing this so out of context. I took it as there are ways women can prevent this from happening. He didn't say it's their fault when it does happen. What exactly did he say that isn't true?