Friday QOTW 7/25 - What are you doing with your life?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Pretty broad question and answer.

What are you doing with your life?

Maybe you just got a new job. Maybe your wife is newly pregnant. Maybe your kid is about to start school. Maybe you took up a new hobby. Whatever.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I turned 30 yesterday, now I'm sad.

tumblr_maq0abRfJy1r4v34qo4_r1_250.gif

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Working. Sleeping. Eating. Drinking. Saving money to spend it. On a house. To partially fill up with cute little expensive babies.

Then probably die. Hopefully after many, many years.

Oh, and I cross stitch. But that's not a new hobby. My new hobby is seeing how much various house accouterments cost.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am wrapping up my internship and looking forward to finishing up my last year of college. Don't have exact plans for after college, hopefully going to find a full-time job, otherwise I might just do my own thing for a while with my online business, it makes enough to get by with part time work.

Other than that, just having a good time!

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Working. Sleeping. Eating. Drinking. Saving money to spend it. On a house. To partially fill up with cute little expensive babies.

Then probably die. Hopefully after many, many years.

Oh, and I cross stitch. But that's not a new hobby. My new hobby is seeing how much various house accouterments cost.
I heard a rumor that you were looking to build/buy a house? Is this true?

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Currently using CF to determine days of the week. Thank you, I thought today was Saturday.

I'm looking to make a career change. I have an interview next month that would bring me back to the Midwest and allow me to invest in season tickets for football/bball! The new job would be a much needed lifestyle change, as right now I travel about 100% of the time for my current job and I'm hardly ever home. So I'm hoping it works out.

I also just got promoted in the CF Clash of Clans clan to co-leader, so I'm pretty excited about that as well. Lol.

abe2010

Jan 14, 2009
Story City, IA
Just turned my dissertation in to the grad college so pretty much officially done. Hope to hear back from my job interview earlier this week which would require moving out of this great state. :(

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Pretty broad question and answer.

What are you doing with your life?

Maybe you just got a new job. Maybe your wife is newly pregnant. Maybe your kid is about to start school. Maybe you took up a new hobby. Whatever.
51dc0072f346e.preview-620.jpg

Is that you??

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Started a new job in March (and I love it)

I turned 30 this past May

Just bought our first house at the beginning of July

Wife is leaving her job at the end of August to become a stay-at-home mom

Expecting kid #2 at the end of November

Very eventful year for the family. It's been a pretty consistent ebb & flow of fear and excitement - and I love it!

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Enjoying it.

Life is an incredible gift. But we waste it running around trying to leave our mark on the universe and spending too much time on the coulda, woulda, shoulda's.

Life is what is it. And no matter what we do, or who we are, in a few generations, our names will be forgotten. Sooner or later, we will all be strangers to our descendants.

So, the best thing to do is to enjoy life. The small things. The feel of the sun on our face, the wind at our back, the tastes and smells and sounds, the knowledge that will soon be lost to us as our atoms transform and return to stardust.

That's what I'm doing with my life. I'm enjoying it. It is my greatest achievement.

:pcool:

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Becoming an empty nester in a month, plan on turning the house into a sexotorium.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I've been playing Lumosity for about 10 months now; the free version, which gives you three games a day versus the five for a paying account.

Takes about 15 minutes a day, but I have seen big improvements in my memory and attention to details.

I would heartily recommend it to everyone.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Wanting a new job. I'm one of those really smart people that needs to channel my energy on something productive that I like in order to succeed.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Hmm...I guess right now I'm learning how to design a new type of foundation for me. Also learning a lot about how sprinkler systems work. And I guess I'm relearning how to play the piano.

And I haven't done anything real stupid in a while (other than get banned from CF for a week) so I guess there's that.