Shots fired at Scherff

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
@CJMO48: I should tweet a video of @Oni_Omoile making a 720 pound squat look easy and not being allowed to go up in weight

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
That's crazy. My max was 490. And I by far had the highest on my team in high school. Granted, he's got much more size, age, training, etc. but still, that's still a third more. Yikes.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I would rather us try and prevail on the field than start a Twitter war, BUT that is just my .02.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
splitting hairs here, but it's really "shots fired at people bugging out on twitter about Scherff's clean".... not so much Scherff... or did I miss something?

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
I would rather us try and prevail on the field than start a Twitter war, BUT that is just my .02.
After the way we got manhandled last year I think we have more to worry about than how much they're lifting or how unimpressive it is.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
After the way we got manhandled last year I think we have more to worry about than how much they're lifting or how unimpressive it is.

I don't really remember getting manhandled in that game. We got outplayed but I wouldn't say we were physically dominated. They only rushed for 3.6 YPC. That's about average. Our offense was completely and totally inept until we started airing it out and attacking their safeties. Of course that was far too late.

It was 13-7 in with 20 minutes left in the game. We blew the next 15 minutes, of course, but Iowa wasn't anything special in that game.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Yeah because they should not be allowed to have fun on twitter. It should all be about football every minute of every day.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I don't really remember getting manhandled in that game. We got outplayed but I wouldn't say we were physically dominated. They only rushed for 3.6 YPC. That's about average. Our offense was completely and totally inept until we started airing it out and attacking their safeties. Of course that was far too late.

It was 13-7 in with 20 minutes left in the game. We blew the next 15 minutes, of course, but Iowa wasn't anything special in that game.

We got manhandled, Man. They doubled our TOP by running the same play (Weisman, off tackle) over and over and over again (60 carries). They also converted on +50% of their 3rd downs, and they had 20 of them.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
We got manhandled, Man. They doubled our TOP by running the same play (Weisman, off tackle) over and over and over again (60 carries). They also converted on +50% of their 3rd downs, and they had 20 of them.

I guess we have different definitions. They had a great TOP but that isn't domination, it just means they waited a long time to snap the ball and they got the minimum amount of yards past the 1st down when they got it. We forced 20 third downs and they converted 11. That is not an outstanding percentage. It just means that they didn't have any big plays.

If you want to see us get manhandled look at what KSU did to us last year. Or Oklahoma. Even UNI. There are a lot of examples.

UNI: 6.9 YPC
KSU: 4.7 YPC
OU: 9.2 YPC (405 yards!)
Iowa: 3.5 YPC

TOP for the KSU and OU games? Them: 62: 16 Us: 57:44

Scoring margin? -72 points.

Last edited:

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009

Bless your heart. We should be thankful Kirk is so conservative.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That's crazy. My max was 490. And I by far had the highest on my team in high school. Granted, he's got much more size, age, training, etc. but still, that's still a third more. Yikes.

Not to nitpick, but wouldn't this be nearly a half more?

Also, David Johnson, UNI RB, is a lifting freak who converts it to performance on the field.