Friday QOTW 7/18 - If you could live anywhere in the USA

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
If you could live anywhere in the USA, where would you go and why?

Bonus question: Would you move there if you didn't have a job lined up?

Basically this is a personal question for me and I am trying to hear various places to live and why. I'm trying to decide if I wanna move somewhere and then find a job or find a job and then move there.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I wouldn't move anywhere without a job because I am far too nervous and worrisome about most things.

Northern MN along Lake Superior
San Diego near the beach

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'd probably move to Colorado again. Think I'd like to try Fort Collins as I already lived in Boulder for a time. Job not needed, you can make your way pretty easily out there.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I would move to Montana or Seattle in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself.

As for putting the job or the location first, it really depends on what type of job or field of work you're in. Some jobs are always in need (such as a lot of healthcare positions), while others are harder to find work. I realize that doesn't help without knowing what field you're in, but maybe it provides you with some introspective thought?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I hope to move back to Central Iowa in a couple years. It is where I grew up and I want to end up back there.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Happy right where I am in Central Iowa. But, if I had to move or had a place I wanted to move to, I'd definitely have a job lined up. Of course, that's a no-brainer with a family. Young and single - go for it.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I would move to Montana or Seattle in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself.

As for putting the job or the location first, it really depends on what type of job or field of work you're in. Some jobs are always in need (such as a lot of healthcare positions), while others are harder to find work. I realize that doesn't help without knowing what field you're in, but maybe it provides you with some introspective thought?

I'm in IT. I probably wouldn't have a problem finding a job because everything needs IT.

Don't we have this question about every other week?

We haven't had it for a long time. At least through my quick search. Unless I missed it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Don't we have this question about every other week?

Yes, but we are still looking for the right answer. :smile:

I need the right answer because I am starting to really hate the weather here in Minnesota. :sad:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If you could live anywhere in the USA, where would you go and why?

Bonus question: Would you move there if you didn't have a job lined up?

Basically this is a personal question for me and I am trying to hear various places to live and why. I'm trying to decide if I wanna move somewhere and then find a job or find a job and then move there.

Joking aside, how do you like South Carolina?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Maui. Wife works remote so we could move anytime. I don't care if I have a job or not!

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
If you find much in western Wyoming, let me know.....

Does South West Wyoming work?

https://www.wyomingatwork.com/vosne...eZ+cTpStb6xoCaG7NEFNoYTq+StgO8yeuSvPtxVGwqbtw==

Joking aside, how do you like South Carolina?

It's pretty good. Charleston is definitely a drinking town with a tourist problem. No one over 30 unless they are 60+, at least in downtown anyway (where I live). Lots of single people. Weather is hotter than hell. I had more fun in Minneapolis but that was more of the interns I was with and not really the city. Honestly I would be happy being single and young down here but I wouldn't want to raise a family in Charleston.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010