Iowa State 9th in preseason media poll

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
It all depends on the Defensive line. If they stay healthy we have a shot at being a a little better. If we suffer any injuries we battle it out with KU for last.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Can't argue with the perception, but hopefully we buck the trend.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Not Chris the "reporter" here. Just one of the guys. I really think that Iowa State will be better than most people think. Not sure if that means a bowl or not but I just don't see how they can be as terrible as a lot of the fans think. We shall see.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
CW, are you taking TCU to win the league this year? :wink:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I really wanted to pick Baylor to win the league in my poll but just couldn't pick against OU and that schedule. Every hard game is at home. That's the big difference.

Besides of course when they get ***** slapped in Ames!

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Didn't we hear this exact same thing last year?

Then you and most other fans on here place ZERO emphasis on: player development, incoming redshirts who will contribute, incoming recruiting class who could have an impact, significant coaching changes and by most counts will be for the better, one of the most respected offensive minds in all of coaching now is a cyclone, and last year with so many injuries it was ridiculous... So you don't take any of this into account?? Auburn won the NC and the following two years were avg. at best. Why?

It's a different year with some different coaches and some new players as well. I agree there are more ifs than known's but let's not just scrap the season yet.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Then you and most other fans on here place ZERO emphasis on: player development, incoming redshirts who will contribute, incoming recruiting class who could have an impact, significant coaching changes and by most counts will be for the better, one of the most respected offensive minds in all of coaching now is a cyclone, and last year with so many injuries it was ridiculous... So you don't take any of this into account?? Auburn won the NC and the following two years were avg. at best. Why?

It's a different year with some different coaches and some new players as well. I agree there are more ifs than known's but let's not just scrap the season yet.
Or the people prediction 7-5 are putting ZERO emphasis on all of what you said.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009

Not sure why, but my favorite part of this post is that you decided to abbreviate the word "average" for absolutely no reason.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Last year was an absolute train wreck with all of the injuries on offense and all of the new faces on defense. I don't think ISU will be great, but I do expect the team to have a couple surprise wins and finish with 5-6 wins. Last year there were several games where just a little more offense or defense would have turned the tide for the good guys.

Not looking forward to the OU or Baylor games.