DIA Rental Car Agencies Now Dumping Grounds For Pot

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Silly question.

Iowa law states "5. It is unlawful for any person knowingly or intentionally to possess a controlled substance unless such substance was obtained
directly from, or pursuant to, a valid prescription or order of a
practitioner while acting in the course of the practitioner's
professional practice, or except as otherwise authorized by this
chapter. "(Chapter 124.401)

What happens when someone brings in a legal prescription from another state? The law doesn't mention the jurisdiction of the prescriber, only that there must be a prescription.

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com
Lol at the thought of the wash bay being full of Spicolli's
Or maybe it's the office staff are uptight fun haters ;)

I've heard a few stories of weed being handed off in the parking lot at DIA like a relay baton. It's kind of a "Hey - you guys want this? I couldn't finish it and can't bring it with me" type of thing.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Man that's just terrible. It's really sad to see this experiment cause so much violence, family problems, drug lord wars, etc. Colorado is just a hollowed out seed husk of what it used to be when pot was illegal. I imagine Denver looks a lot like the town in Red Dawn right about now and people are huddling in their sleeping bags at the airport trying to catch the next flight out there.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Man that's just terrible. It's really sad to see this experiment cause so much violence, family problems, drug lord wars, etc. Colorado is just a hollowed out seed husk of what it used to be when pot was illegal. I imagine Denver looks a lot like the town in Red Dawn right about now and people are huddling in their sleeping bags at the airport trying to catch the next flight out there.

True story. In fact the economy is so bad there are partially-completed condos and apartment buildings everywhere. It's like the builders just stopped for the weekend or something.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Some enterprising young man should just set up a stand along Pena Blvd with the sign "Free Pot Disposal Site"

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas

Wolverines!

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
My initial thought is you can't overdose on weed so smoke that **** before you return your rental car.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
My initial thought is you can't overdose on weed so smoke that **** before you return your rental car.

are you allowed to fly while high from pot?

serious question.

Also, if you seem impaired, can't an airline refuse to let you board?

-keep

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
are you allowed to fly while high from pot?

serious question.

Also, if you seem impaired, can't an airline refuse to let you board?

-keep

Yeah, they can refuse to let you board, but I've never seen it happen. I'm sure it does, though.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Yeah, they can refuse to let you board, but I've never seen it happen. I'm sure it does, though.

I think you have to be showing signs of being a problem. On a business trip, last night we all tied one on because the hotel had a good bar and good prices and no one had to drive. Had a real early flight out, we all had to be still drunk. My co-worker smelled like a brewery 'cause he got up late enough that he just had time to get dressed and grab his bags. Ticket taker asked him "have a good time last night"? and waved him thru.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I've flown pretty baked before, but I didnt' make any waves going through security so it was a big deal.