New Movie - Lucy

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I've only seen the trailers, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with Scar-Jo, but does anyone else find it funny that the whole premise of the movie seems to be based on the totally false myth about humans only using 10% of their brains? I guess they're probably not going for a super realistic plot, and the whole thing is likely just an excuse to show the lead actress in tight clothing, which is just fine, I suppose.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I've only seen the trailers, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with Scar-Jo, but does anyone else find it funny that the whole premise of the movie seems to be based on the totally false myth about humans only using 10% of their brains? I guess they're probably not going for a super realistic plot, and the whole thing is likely just an excuse to show the lead actress in tight clothing, which is just fine, I suppose.

yeah i didn't get that either. Humans use all of their brain. Plus I really don't know why I would pay to go see it either. What's the reason behind her superpowers? What is she doing?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Seems exactly like the Bradley Cooper movie "Limitless" from a few years ago…although I'm sure that wasn't entirely original either.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
You suppose?!?!?! WTF is wrong with you?

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
She was good in "Under the Skin," a very unique Sci. Fi. flick.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Another movie using an unrealistic plot just to sell tickets? No way I'll be going to see this. First Space Jam and now this movie, way to go movie industry.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Scarjo, I'm in. I don't care if the whole movie is her knitting a sweater.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
She looks pretty bad-azz and her big friends are an added bonus.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I love when people pick apart movies for being unrealistic. Umm How about Transformers, Star Wars, and about every other movie out. It would suck if they all were realistic.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I love when people pick apart movies for being unrealistic. Umm How about Transformers, Star Wars, and about every other movie out. It would suck if they all were realistic.
Are you saying Transformers isn't real?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
When I was watching the preview I was thinking she looking like La Femme Nikita with superpowers.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
This movie appears to borrow at least some of its story from the Japanese anime / manga Elfen Lied. Heck the main character's name in the anime is named Lucy, which is the title of the movie. I am reluctant to see this film because of this.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014

You're so full of it.

Next thing you'll tell me is there is no Mordor, no robots parading around a Volkswagons, and Michael Bay is not a treasure of a documentarian!

If you try and convince me there is no galaxy "far, far away" - I'm coming over to your house and punching you in the spleen.

It's a movie......

benjay

Mar 23, 2006

This movie appears to take place in "our world". I would expect a fairly realistic approach to the plot. I can accept the 10% brain usage plot mechanic - even though it's not all that interesting - but they lost me when she became telekinetic in the preview. That's unrealistic in "our world".

On the other hand, Star Wars is an excellent premise for a movie, and it takes place in a universe where galactic technology and "the force" simply exist. Who are we to say they're not believable? :)

edit: of course, the movie might still be really good. But I get where the detractors are coming from. It's just not an interesting premise for a move.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
It's a very strange premise for a movie, especially when most people know the 10% is a myth. The trailer struck me as a money grab, put her and Morgan Freeman in a movie and blow a few things up = $$$.

There's a couple of these every summer where I can't believe the huge names they got for what looks like a terrible movie.