The worst customer service you've ever received

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Just listened to that on another site. Incredible. I'm guessing the guy gets a commission for convincing people not to cancel. I can't see why else he would care so damn much.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Just listened to the Comcast thing on Glenn Beck. I will never sign up for anything Comcast after hear that employee.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Any and every single time I have ever spoken to any person that was affiliated with Mediacom.

Just recently I called to have a tech come out because my modem was broken and I wanted a new one. They would not give me a new one at the store until a tech looked at it. Fine. I call to schedule and appointment. My wife and I work most days so I found a day when my wife would be home. I scheduled the appointment for that day between the hours of 8am and noon. I was on the road all day, so they called my cell phone from a "restricted" number so I didn't answer because I didn't know who it was. 5 minutes later I receive a phone call from an automated service that informs me that my appointment has been cancelled because the tech had tried to reach me several times and I was unavailable. My wife was sitting at home and waiting. I call up Mediacom and explain to them what happened. They inform me that the tech has already moved on and I'll have to reschedule for a week later. I told them that being without cable for a week was unacceptable and that I would like to cancel my service. After talking with a supervisor, I got a reduced price on my service for a whole year and a tech came out to my house 15 minutes later and swapped out my modem and I was good to go. They lost hundreds of dollars by trying to stiff me.

Bottom line, if you let these companies walk all over you they certainly will.

Last edited:

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Wow. While there are many downsides to our highly digital society, being able to record a conversation like this and then share it on social media is a great way to hold companies that wish bully consumers accountable.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Just the other day the lady at Bath and Body Works got all moody when my wife wouldn't give them her phone number when she bought something.

dtlantz

Apr 10, 2006
Maryland
Speaking of Comcast, they just decided to start charging me a monthly fee for a router that I bought. An hour on the phone with customer service and it still isn't resolved. They are the devil.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
Unfortunately, I am a comcast "customer" and have experienced their "service" too. fml.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Just listened to that on another site. Incredible. I'm guessing the guy gets a commission for convincing people not to cancel. I can't see why else he would care so damn much.

Of course that's part of their job, I don't know why anyone would expect anything different when calling to cancel a service. He's trying to find out what, in particular, the customer is dissatisfied with so he can offer a solution, thereby keeping a customer and putting money in the company's coffer. That's just good business.

Having said all that, at some point you're just badgering the consumer, which is never good business. You should ask politely once or twice if there's anything you can do to keep their business, but at some point you just have to accept that some people just want what they want, even if it doesn't make sense to the company.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Just the other day the lady at Bath and Body Works got all moody when my wife wouldn't give them her phone number when she bought something.

I wouldn't give out my phone number, but I don't generally have a problem with businesses asking for my zip code. There have been times I've refused, usually tied to my mood at the time, but on the whole I don't really care.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA

Lol. You let your wife drag you to that chick store!? Grow a pair, dude!

Aww, who am I kidding. I love going and picking out the wallflower scents that we have in the house.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I wouldn't give out my phone number, but I don't generally have a problem with businesses asking for my zip code. There have been times I've refused, usually tied to my mood at the time, but on the whole I don't really care.
Zip code I wouldn't care about either, phone number I'd almost never give out in that scenario.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Lol. You let your wife drag you to that chick store!? Grow a pair, dude!

Aww, who am I kidding. I love going and picking out the wallflower scents that we have in the house.
I wasn't there jerk bag, although I do enjoy their foaming hand soaps.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Directv. Literally an entire day of them rerouting me to different departments when trying to set up service on a portable satellite system we got.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The Wal-Mart up by what used to be Dahl's in Ames has somewhat recently started stationing a flunky at the exit door to ask you for your receipt, apparently just if you're walking out with larger unbagged merchandise. Couple weeks ago I was in a bit of a mood and just told them to leave me alone, she didn't really do anything but she looked a little dumbfounded. I assume they can't really do anything about it, just annoys me.

I know Sam's does the same thing but for some reason it bothers me a lot more at Wal-Mart, I mean I'm at ******* Wal-Mart. You think if I wanted to steal this box of diapers I would just walk out with it under my arm?

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
That was exceptional customer service, unfortunately it was also frustrating. I hate when they transfer me to "Frank" with a thick Indian accent and I continually say "what?" and they say it slower which makes it worse. I have to admit when I worked at an certain "big bank" out of college I would love to mess with people who were ****** off...its the small things.

Last edited:

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
I bought a refrigerator from Sears that took 9 months to deliver. The weekly calls to customer service got interesting.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron