Is Dominic DeLira the next Todd Reesing?

QCCyclone

Feb 10, 2013
I'll wait for him to get here before I get too optimistic, but it would sure be nice!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
If this kid does see the field, the Mangino/hometown connection to Todd Reesing will be "Nerlens Noel" of Cyclone football broadcasts.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Met some folks from Austin in the Houston United Club yesterday. They were raving about this guy and how fortunate we were to get him. Not only is he a great athlete, but his school is known for its great coaching.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Todd won an Orange Bowl and was in the running for the Heisman. Todd also had 2 draft picks he was throwing the ball to. So im naturally going to think this kid is no Todd, but I really hope he pans out. Even if he doesnt work out he has an awesome name to back him

CyNerd

Jul 2, 2014
Todd won an Orange Bowl and was in the running for the Heisman. Todd also had 2 draft picks he was throwing the ball to. So im naturally going to think this kid is no Todd, but I really hope he pans out. Even if he doesnt work out he has an awesome name to back him

Not to sound like I have drowned myself in Kool-Aid, but D'vario Montgomery and Allen Lazard may have the potential to be draft caliber WR. Just a thought.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Not to sound like I have drowned myself in Kool-Aid, but D'vario Montgomery and Allen Lazard may have the potential to be draft caliber WR. Just a thought.

From what i'm hearing from my sources is that D'vario is a stud when he wants to be. Should be a pleasant surprise this year, but I dont know about draft pick. Regardless how good he is though, DeLira would really need to impress right away to even throw to him at any point in his career. Rohach, Sam, and Lanning are obviously much further ahead. DeLira could end up throwing to Allen, and i think that kid will be a draft pick some day.

Last edited by a moderator:

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
Speaking of Reesing, whatever happened to him? I really don't remember anything after their Orange Bowl. Did he get a chance in the league?

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Speaking of Reesing, whatever happened to him? I really don't remember anything after their Orange Bowl. Did he get a chance in the league?

IIRC KU sucked his senior year and their only conference win was against us in a game that we absolutely blew in Lawrence that was really high scoring.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
IIRC KU sucked his senior year and their only conference win was against us in a game that we absolutely blew in Lawrence that was really high scoring.

That game was actually at home. It was the infamous S.J. run that broke the KU player ankles. ISU had a pretty decent lead in that game and Chiz found a way to lose it for us.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
[video=youtube;lhOoyOszLVQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhOoyOszLVQ[/video]