Sean Keeler Rates KU

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
:v_SPIN:

Game 9: vs. Iowa State, Nov. 8
Before Jan. 6, this might have been one Big 12 tilt -- maybe the only one -- to pencil in the win column. But that was before Paul Rhoads hired Mark Mangino to be his offensive coordinator. And that sound you heard all up and down K-10 was the locals snapping their pencils in frustration. Guesstimate: L

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
:v_SPIN:

Game 9: vs. Iowa State, Nov. 8
Before Jan. 6, this might have been one Big 12 tilt -- maybe the only one -- to pencil in the win column. But that was before Paul Rhoads hired Mark Mangino to be his offensive coordinator. And that sound you heard all up and down K-10 was the locals snapping their pencils in frustration. Guesstimate: L

I can't imagine the grief I'd receive if Iowa State lost this game.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
"Welcome to Lawrence, a drinking town with a football problem. "

I recall him writing the EXACT SAME LINE about ISU in years past. What a hack.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Game 2: at Duke, Sept. 13
It probably seemed like a good idea at the time. Two basketball-first fan bases, two hoops-crazy campuses, two strong academic institutions.

Is this serious? Do Jayhawks think of themselves in the same vein academically as Duke? I need a ruling from twocoach.

Duke is #7 in US News & World Report rankings for National Universities (and 3rd best non-Ivy)... Kansas is #101 (tied with Iowa State actually).

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
So what exactly about the games in the past 2 seasons has them hopeful that they could contend with us at all regardless of who our OC is?

They haven't even been able to hold our jocks with Mess trying to coach his way out of a wet paper bag for the first time. Seriously, we have beat their ***** badly the past two seasons and they sit around and think to themselves, yeah, we can still contend.

Get a grip KU, you blow.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Is this serious? Do Jayhawks think of themselves in the same vein academically as Duke? I need a ruling from twocoach.

Duke is #7 in US News & World Report rankings for National Universities (and 3rd best non-Ivy)... Kansas is #101 (tied with Iowa State actually).

I don't think it said that they're equal academic institutions, just that they're both strong ones. Kansas is an AAU member, just like ISU, thus the public generally considers them "strong" for that reason alone. I've heard in the past (non-ISU) writers/(non-ISU) fans refer to ISU as one of the "academic" institutions of the Big 12.

Furthermore, most people know the US World News uses flawed data and their rankings are suspect.

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
I don't think it said that they're equal academic institutions, just that they're both strong ones. Kansas is an AAU member, just like ISU, thus the public generally considers them "strong" for that reason alone. I've heard in the past (non-ISU) writers/(non-ISU) fans refer to ISU as one of the "academic" institutions of the Big 12.

Furthermore, most people know the US World News uses flawed data and their rankings are suspect.
Was just going to post saying this exact same thing.

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
Will any BCS team hire Charlie after he gets fired this time?

If he wants to stay in college, I wouldnt be surprised if a blue blood hired him as an OC. The guy can still run an offense, he just doesnt do well with all the other aspects.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

Surely not to the point that #7 and #101 are equivalent, or even close.

Not a major point; I just saw the comment as very typical KU arrogance. Like I said, they are tied with ISU in those rankings, but the Jayhawks that I know look down on us and see themselves as equal to UT (or better than UT) as the academic leader(s) of the Big 12.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron