Spice it up

rhino3382

Mar 6, 2012
15 min South of Hilton
Anyone else feel the need to make almost every meal spicy. I have been doing it my whole life. If out to eat I will order anything on the menu that says spicy. I add hot sauce to everything. My new kick has been to use cayenne during the cooking process instead of hot sauce after. Anyone else like this?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Yes. Try cayenne pepper and kraft grated Parmesan cheese on your popcorn. I went through a 16 oz container of tones ground cayenne in just over three months.

I've been eyeing a powdered habanero, scorpion pepper, and ghost pepper variety pack, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

ISUKing

Apr 27, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I love spicing everything I eat up but my wife can't eat anything over the level of ketchup. Makes it hard for me to do anything during cooking. Its just not the same spicing chili afterwards....

Word to the wise, don't put Scotch Bonnets on pizza...it sounds like a good idea, I mean, Jalapenos are delicious on pizza, why not kick it up a notch. Because it will try to kill you, thats why.

Last edited:

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
I love spicing everything I eat up but my wife can't eat anything over the level of ketchup. Makes it hard for me to do anything during cooking. Its just not the same spicing chili afterwards....

Word to the wise, don't put Scottish Bonnets on pizza...it sounds like a good idea, I mean, Jalapenos are delicious on pizza, why not kick it up a notch. Because it will try to kill you, thats why.

Well, Scotch bonnets are about 40x hotter than a jalapeno, so probably should have seen that coming.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
No, I do not like extreme spicy. If my mouth is on fire, I am unhappy, not to mention the rest of my digestive system.

However, it's people like you who have made the manufacturers of Prilosec into zillionaires, so I guess you're good for the economy.

Enjoy!

:pcool:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
No, I do not like extreme spicy. If my mouth is on fire, I am unhappy, not to mention the rest of my digestive system.

However, it's people like you who have made the manufacturers of Prilosec into zillionaires, so I guess you're good for the economy.

Enjoy!

See, spicy foods dont rot my gut. Too many sweets and high fats do.

Although truthfully, I once got the Angry Chicken meal in Des Moines...(cant remember the asian rest.) and that was brutal on my innards.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Yep, love spicy. Not quite to the point of blazing hot at BWW, but most anything below that is good. My gf can't handle it either, so I'll just make myself a separate pot of chili with my habaneros & what not.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008

Enjoy!

Agree. Extreme heat just for the sake of heat is dumb IMO. I prefer to spice things up with a cayenne pepper sauce or something else that adds flavor and some heat (chipotle, garlic, etc.)

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
Love spicy food, it's such a fun game. I, and I assume Rhino, always try to get as hot as possible without being too hot so you can't taste other flavors and enjoy the food. Sometimes I go over the line and it's too hot, most of the time not. Really gets the endorphins flowing, love it.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I'd be dead if I couldn't have spicy foods. I put hot sauce on nearly everything. Dammit. Now my mouth's watering.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
See, spicy foods dont rot my gut. Too many sweets and high fats do.

Although truthfully, I once got the Angry Chicken meal in Des Moines...(cant remember the asian rest.) and that was brutal on my innards.

Yeah I think of spicy food closer to drano for your digestive track. I pretty much eat spicy foods because I do enjoy some heat, but I have learned my tolerance is much higher than a lot of peoples.

rhino3382

Mar 6, 2012
15 min South of Hilton
Love spicy food, it's such a fun game. I, and I assume Rhino, always try to get as hot as possible without being too hot so you can't taste other flavors and enjoy the food. Sometimes I go over the line and it's too hot, most of the time not. Really gets the endorphins flowing, love it.

Correct. I am not spicing it so hot as to make it unbearable, but I will test my limits. I try all sorts of hot sauces and will toss them out of they are just extremely hot without any flavor. I want both.

I have done the BWW challenge and completed it. Got the silly shirt to prove it. They were really really hot. The bad part is that they are not very flavorful besides hot.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Correct. I am not spicing it so hot as to make it unbearable, but I will test my limits. I try all sorts of hot sauces and will toss them out of they are just extremely hot without any flavor. I want both.

I have done the BWW challenge and completed it. Got the silly shirt to prove it. They were really really hot. The bad part is that they are not very flavorful besides hot.

Yah, the blazing sauce is just hot. Mango Habenero tho, that's what's up.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Enjoy!

People like me have never taken prilosec and I add some kind of hot sauce or spice to most every meal. Highly processed foods and overeating are the main causes of digestive issues.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
People like me have never taken prilosec and I add some kind of hot sauce or spice to most every meal. Highly processed foods and overeating are the main causes of digestive issues.

I agree.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I've noticed as I've gotten older that my taste has shifted to spicier food. To put this in perspective, I was like a previous poster's wife where my tolerance level was ketchup. So still, the hottest sauce I get at BWW is honey BBQ. But, I can tell I'm enjoying spicier Mexican food, and Hot Tamales has become a fave candy in the past five or so years.

Don't think I'll ever get to the level of some of you guys, because that's just a little too much.

:wink:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron