What weekend works best for you?

• Total voters

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
The cf'ers in the wild thread reminded me of awhile back there was talk of a summer cf softball game. There was decent interest but not enough to play. Thinking with how cf has grown that maybe this would be a possibility now.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
I'm definitely down for this. Living in Ames this summer kept me from coaching baseball back home, so I'm itching to get back on a diamond in any kind of form.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
I think that'd be fun. Basketball during the school year has been a success so we should give this a shot.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
My team is basically dominating our corporate softball league.

But it might be because we have 3 guys that got drafted in the MLB and all 3 got up to AA. But I'm clearly the MVP :jimlad:

I would consider it depending on the day/location.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Either play 16 inch softball or baseball. 12 inch is a game for chicks.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Need 9 to a side plus a few sub's, so probably looking for around 25ish. Last time this got discussed location was kind of an issue.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Need 9 to a side plus a few sub's, so probably looking for around 25ish. Last time this got discussed location was kind of an issue.

I'd obviously prefer it to be in Ames but I could probably make it down to Des Moines if that was a better option (unless you're just talking about specific fields and not the town).

As for numbers, obviously a lot more difficult to fill out a game than say, basketball. Maybe a player from the other team can catch, and the pitcher can run to home if there is to be a play at the plate? Other than that I can't really think about ways to get the numbers down, other than someone volunteering to be the pitcher the for both teams. I guess it depends how competitive people are wanting it to be, but the number can't really deviate from 8-9 players per team.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'd obviously prefer it to be in Ames but I could probably make it down to Des Moines if that was a better option (unless you're just talking about specific fields and not the town).

As for numbers, obviously a lot more difficult to fill out a game than say, basketball. Maybe a player from the other team can catch, and the pitcher can run to home if there is to be a play at the plate? Other than that I can't really think about ways to get the numbers down, other than someone volunteering to be the pitcher the for both teams. I guess it depends how competitive people are wanting it to be, but the number can't really deviate from 8-9 players per team.

Last time around DM people wanted it there, Ankeny people wanted Ankeny. I would prefer Ames, but right now the 13th street fields are crap.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Im in Ames every weekend, so thats where I would prefer. But if it is in the area, maybe some of us could carpool?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron