"Friday" OT (a day early) - CFers in the Wild

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
If you mean screen name, he tries not to know. Especially if you end up as a student.
It's all good, I'm gadiated from college now. I never, nor will I ever have him as an instructor. He can admit he knew it was me.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Husband nearly bumped into 2015 on the field after OSU. He's glad he didn't, since he didn't want to get yellow paint on himself.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Husband nearly bumped into 2015 on the field after OSU. He's glad he didn't, since he didn't want to get yellow paint on himself.

Nah it didn't rub off on anyone. It is Stage Paint. The same used by Blue Man Group. Took a few showers to get off since I didn't buy the special bodywash

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Have you ever run into any other Cyclone Fanatics "in the wild," either on accident or on purpose? Who are they?

I've had a couple in just the last week or two. I ran into our very own Clones85 yesterday. I also saw someone with the license plate "Cy Hard" helping a nice lady by giving her a ride at a gas station here in Ames last week or so, I'm assuming it's CyHard from here (but it might not be).

I've run into many others over the years, probably too numerous to count. Who are yours?

OK. A few weeks ago, the wife and I are passing through the Newark Intl airport on our way to Ireland. We have just stopped at the cashier station to change some $'s to Euro's. An older fellow comes up to me while I still have this wad of cash in my hands, tells me he sees my ISU cap. I am a bit suspicious. Turns out this guy graduated in 1950 in engineering from ISU. 1950! He proceeds to tell me he now lives in Cincinnatti. He is a newly wed and he and his wife are on also on their way to Ireland. We talked for an hour about their travels--all since he had been married, a couple of years ago.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
OK. A few weeks ago, the wife and I are passing through the Newark Intl airport on our way to Ireland. We have just stopped at the cashier station to change some $'s to Euro's. An older fellow comes up to me while I still have this wad of cash in my hands, tells me he sees my ISU cap. I am a bit suspicious. Turns out this guy graduated in 1950 in engineering from ISU. 1950! He proceeds to tell me he now lives in Cincinnatti. He is a newly wed and he and his wife are on also on their way to Ireland. We talked for an hour about their travels--all since he had been married, a couple of years ago.

That is really, really cool! I can imagine what a thrill it was for him to see you, too!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
That is really, really cool! I can imagine what a thrill it was for him to see you, too!

When hubby & I got on the plane heading for San Antonio the day after the 2011 OSU FB game, we were decked out in our Cyclone gear. Nearly everyone on the plane said something as we walked by (and there was a lot of C&G on the plane).

Used to be when we flew out of Des Moines for every C&G you saw in the airport, there were 20-25 B&G. Now it's pretty near evenly split for those who wear school colors, with an occasional panther or husker in the mix. I call that a good thing! :)

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I transferred tickets to a CF'r this past year, but I'm embarrassed to admit I don't remember who it was. Rulzzz & I have identified each other because he sits a few rows in front of us at MBB games. He's kinda hard to miss. And he can probably attest to the fact that I am pretty much how I represent myself in here...old, short, round, and a very noisy fan. :)

One CF'r figured out who I was via my description of my hubby (they work at the same place), one cf'r worked for me as an undergrad, and I knew Bugs when she was an undergrad.

There are probably more...but I'm old & forgetful!

:smile:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Here we go, long list:

Bret
Vikes
DMB
CyCash
Cubs
Fitzy
cmjh
Erik
Cyrevkah
Cyguy
Cyarob
Jordan
Mj4Cy
Heisenberg
longtime
Mlaw
spiker
HipHop
Buster28
3pointland
Chewbocka
cy4prez
CycloneNorth
Cyclones26
KCClone
Sara

probably missing a couple more.

Last edited:
Reactions: azepp

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
My bucket list of People I'd like to meet: Farnsy, Cynado, Pride, Cowgirl, and Agronomist, and oldman next year at mbb.

Last edited:

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
When I read the thread title, I expected an invitation from Angie to go on Naked and Afraid together.