"Friday" OT (a day early) - CFers in the Wild

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Have you ever run into any other Cyclone Fanatics "in the wild," either on accident or on purpose? Who are they?

I've had a couple in just the last week or two. I ran into our very own Clones85 yesterday. I also saw someone with the license plate "Cy Hard" helping a nice lady by giving her a ride at a gas station here in Ames last week or so, I'm assuming it's CyHard from here (but it might not be).

I've run into many others over the years, probably too numerous to count. Who are yours?

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm not sure how I would know they are a CFer, but maybe?

edit: I've seen Clones21 at Hilton before, but only because a CFer I know IRL pointed him out.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I found out not too long ago that I was Bret's TA for a class.

I ran into Bret44 while tailgating before the Kansas game...Rulzzz was gracious enough to give me a ticket for the December 31st basketball game.

Not a whole lot of CFer's in my neck of the woods (except Clark)...and I'd be getting some weird looks if I asked every single person down here with Iowa gear on if they're Clark on CF.

:wink:

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I think I've seen Tailg8er at Keg Stand before. Huge doucher.

Last edited by a moderator:

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Not sure it counts but I ran into CW outside of Trice just walking along.... 100% sure he and everyone around him thought I was crazy for yelling about how much I love CF.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I've seen a few license plates. I see a 3TruFns license plate with a woman in it a couple times a week but I'm not sure if that's our 3TruFans because I've always pictured him as a him.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Waaaaaay back in the early days of CF, we had a game watch down in Des Moines. I met several there. I have some who I have worked with, some friends. There are others who I have met since first encountering them on here. I honestly don't think I could do a list without forgetting someone!

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I think I've seen Tailg8er at Keg Stand before. Huge douscher.

If this toolbag saw me at KS it was from a creeperish distance, cause he never said hi. I have tore stuff up on Xbox with him & Dandy in the past.

Otherwise I've seen plenty at the recruiting parties & the Kansas football trip a couple years ago, but haven't really met many.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I bought a ticket to the KU bball game last year from wonkadog. A very nice fellow. At that game I saw Rulzzz, or I assume it was him, he was wearing a jersey that had 'RULZZZ' on the back...

That's about it though. A co-worker of mine reads CF religiously, but I don't know if he posts or not.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
I saw a guy wearing a CF shirt at the Urbandale blood donation center yesterday so I'm guessing that's someone from here, but he was watching a movie with his headphones on so I didn't want to disturb him to introduce myself.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Saw Rulzzz outside of the Sprint center after we beat Baylor in KC. To intoxicated and excited and wet from the rain to stop and say hey so I just kept screaming and running.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I've seen a few license plates. I see a 3TruFns license plate with a woman in it a couple times a week but I'm not sure if that's our 3TruFans because I've always pictured him as a him.

hey, btw, I'm going to be in Ames for a weekend this fall. Maybe I will get to see some of you weirdos.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
A couple years back I met Longtimeclone and MLawrence (brothers) at a tailgate. I told them during a mafia game where they could find me and they showed up, so I gave em a beer and shot the breeze for 15-20 minutes. Then they went off to find Bret. Don't know if they did.

Rulzzz and KCclone have seats in my section (239) for basketball. I saw Rulzzz once (wearing his Rulzzz shirt) but never really got the chance to introduce myself. Hoping to meet them both this season.

Vikes friended me on Facebook, and I have a standing offer to anyone else who'd like to. Just PM me.

I've always thought that we should plan to wear a name tag at a big Cyclone event in Ames or Des Moines, just to see who is who.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I transferred tickets to a CF'r this past year, but I'm embarrassed to admit I don't remember who it was. Rulzzz & I have identified each other because he sits a few rows in front of us at MBB games. He's kinda hard to miss. And he can probably attest to the fact that I am pretty much how I represent myself in here...old, short, round, and a very noisy fan. :)

One CF'r figured out who I was via my description of my hubby (they work at the same place), one cf'r worked for me as an undergrad, and I knew Bugs when she was an undergrad.

There are probably more...but I'm old & forgetful!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
A couple years back I met Longtimeclone and MLawrence (brothers) at a tailgate. I told them during a mafia game where they could find me and they showed up, so I gave em a beer and shot the breeze for 15-20 minutes. Then they went off to find Bret. Don't know if they did.

Rulzzz and KCclone have seats in my section (239) for basketball. I saw Rulzzz once (wearing his Rulzzz shirt) but never really got the chance to introduce myself. Hoping to meet them both this season.

Vikes friended me on Facebook, and I have a standing offer to anyone else who'd like to. Just PM me.

I've always thought that we should plan to wear a name tag at a big Cyclone event in Ames or Des Moines, just to see who is who.

Me too! :)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron