mens basketball renewals

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
Why did the ticket office open up the limited new season tickets to the public without first giving the current donors and season tickets holders the opportunity to upgrade first. Now I'm a cardinal donor (for many years) in the non donor section with no opportunity to upgrade? Called the ticket office and of course the kid I talked to had no explanation..

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Why did the ticket office open up the limited new season tickets to the public without first giving the current donors and season tickets holders the opportunity to upgrade first. Now I'm a cardinal donor (for many years) in the non donor section with no opportunity to upgrade? Called the ticket office and of course the kid I talked to had no explanation..

It surprised me that they are even selling season tickets in donor sections, albeit with seats TBA, before completing renewals and giving existing season ticket holders opportunities to move and/or buy additional tickets.

yankeeclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
Des Moines

I believe that all the first time season ticket buyers are doing is reserving a spot in line, they are not guaranteed seats with the purchase as current holders should still get the opportunity to add/upgrade. All this is doing is accelerating the process of new buyers because they will already know who wants them and their cyclone club points for seating priority.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
If people(who have a full understanding of the process) are willing to let you hold around $1000 each for 2 months why wouldn't you do it. The worst thing is you refund the $ later on...

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
I believe that all the first time season ticket buyers are doing is reserving a spot in line, they are not guaranteed seats with the purchase as current holders should still get the opportunity to add/upgrade. All this is doing is accelerating the process of new buyers because they will already know who wants them and their cyclone club points for seating priority.

Thanks yankeeclone.
That does seem like a logical explanation. Wished the kid I spoke
Or the original email they sent would have explained that in detail a little better.
I see a lot of mass confusion resulting from this.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Thanks yankeeclone.
That does seem like a logical explanation. Wished the kid I spoke
Or the original email they sent would have explained that in detail a little better.
I see a lot of mass confusion resulting from this.

That's just in keeping with the process right now. So far, it's been a poorly managed and poorly communicated affair, from the price letter to these parts, and probably more to come. We're on a roll.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Am I wrong in thinking JP wants to make every seat a donation seat if possible? Fred did get a raise.

CycloneNick

Mar 5, 2008
I specifically donated to the NCC this year to ensure that I get season tickets. I attempted to get them yesterday online but the site kept crashing. Now it is saying that there are only singles available. Shouldn't donors be able to secure season tickets over non-donors even if they're behind the hoops?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I specifically donated to the NCC this year to ensure that I get season tickets. I attempted to get them yesterday online but the site kept crashing. Now it is saying that there are only singles available. Shouldn't donors be able to secure season tickets over non-donors even if they're behind the hoops?
*Ticket locations listed as "TBD" are not actual seats. All season tickets in the reserved seating areas will be seated at a later date and will be based off of Cyclone Club membership level and priority points within that level. You may enter a seating request for these seats during the purchasing process. Due to high ticket demand season tickets are limited and seating request are not guaranteed.

*Men's BasektballSeason ticket orders are based on availability and are not guaranteed. If a ticket order is unable to be fulfilled a refund will be issued.

*All locations listed as "TBD" are not actual seat locations. Locations for these tickets will be determined at a later date.

CycloneNick

Mar 5, 2008
I get that, but I donated at the $250 level. Why can't I get my place in line ahead of those that only donated $100?

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
Got a hold of a lady in the ticket office who knew what was going on.. She confirmed what we have been saying. If you have tickets from last year, you are guaranteed them if you pay up. You can request an upgrade or purchase new tickets tbd but both are not guaranteed & unlikely based on the demand. If you do qualify for an upgrade they will charge you the difference and allow you to give up your old seats or refund you if you downgraded and overplayed. Everything will be reviewed based on current donation levels, previous donations and availability etc. so it's basically a wait and see deal but unlikely...

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
The ticket manager was not very friendly when responding to my wifes email yesterday about adding extra tickets that are right next to us that will be empty.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
The ticket manager was not very friendly when responding to my wifes email yesterday about adding extra tickets that are right next to us that will be empty.

Unlikely.

Have you ever worked customer service - I sure as heck wouldn't want to field 25,000 questions about seats where everyone thinks they have a legit reason to get what they want and you know dang well that not everyone WILL get what they want. She shouldn't have been crabby, but let's face facts, those seats were already gone the second they didn't get renewed - they don't care who was sitting next to the empties last year when they can sell to any number of fans.

Not trying to be a jackwagon - but let's think about this a little before getting all peeved at a situation that is a direct result of overwhelming fan support and success of the team - not someone trying to screw you.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Unlikely.

Have you ever worked customer service - I sure as heck wouldn't want to field 25,000 questions about seats where everyone thinks they have a legit reason to get what they want and you know dang well that not everyone WILL get what they want. She shouldn't have been crabby, but let's face facts, those seats were already gone the second they didn't get renewed - they don't care who was sitting next to the empties last year when they can sell to any number of fans.

Not trying to be a jackwagon - but let's think about this a little before getting all peeved at a situation that is a direct result of overwhelming fan support and success of the team - not someone trying to screw you.
Man you do sound like a jackwagon now that you mention it. Carry on. :rolleyes:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Unlikely.

But there is no "they haven't been renewed" situation yet, since it's not August 1st.

I don't think customer service was out to screw the poster, but he would have had a valid question deserving of a respectful answer. Treating customers well is a good thing, and it's starting to look as though we may be throwing that concept out the door.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
But there is no "they haven't been renewed" situation yet, since it's not August 1st.

I don't think customer service was out to screw the poster, but he would have had a valid question deserving of a respectful answer. Treating customers well is a good thing, and it's starting to look as though we may be throwing that concept out the door.

Yeah, sorry. I should have kept my mouth shut - just came across as whiny to me. Is it the weekend yet?

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010

It was after 5 or 6 attempts to use the ISU ticketmaster site that I gave up and called the ticket office. I was on hold for about 6 minutes and then proceeded to reserve 4 seats. We'll see if they hold. If so, they'll be mine for as long as I want to keep them! Love that system.

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
Just like over booking an airplane. Get their money ahead and use it while others make decisions about their tickets. Knowing they are likely going to renew. They just get the money sooner. Called cash flow...