SE POLK #1

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
what year did you graduate guitarchitect? i graduated in 05. Can't wait to see Snead bring home our first team state championship since the 1977 girl's basketball team, i believe.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
'01. And i think you are correct. Us hillbillies cant do much out in our country towns. JK.

Snead has looked very impressive. But as i wrote somewhere else, the only game i went to this year was the loss to Dowling. bummer. But they are back with redemption and are going all the way. And i have no source confirming that.

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
To start some other coversation, and being a SE Polk grad, these guys will win. No doubt about it. Good luck guys!

Xavier Saints FTW. No dobut about it. Being a Cedar Rapids Xavier grad, we are going to be brining back the first state title since...

October 2006, in both boys and girls cross country, and July 2006 in Baseball, and June 2006 in both boys and girls soccer.

5 titles so far in 2006, lets make it 6! Go SAINTS!

Last edited:

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Xavier Saints FTW. No dobut about it. Being a Cedar Rapids Xavier grad, we are going to be brining back the first state title since...

October 2006, in both boys and girls cross country, and July 2006 in Baseball, and June 2006 in both boys and girls soccer.

5 titles so far in 2006, lets make it 6! Go SAINTS!

I am sorry that you are mislead. It is sad that you have to combine schools to just get a good team. Hmmmm... :wink0st:

Actually, by the way it sounds, you guys are the valley of the metro area, so it will be a tough competition. Good luck ( you'll need it).

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
SE Polk has had a number of exciting games this season. A pair of close wins over Ankeny - hard enough to beat a good team once - twice is another story.

I know nothing about Xavier, but to me - SE Polk is very battle tested. Should be a helluva fight.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I think he is only being looked at as a preferred walk-on. I think he would be a great pickup and could rattle some skulls at safety. He is very tough and a great all around athlete.

ekim121

Apr 13, 2006
Does Xavier still drop to 3A for some sports? If so, the number of championships is not nearly as impressive as if they are coming in 4A. I know Soccer only has two divisions, what about Cross Country?

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
I am sorry that you are mislead. It is sad that you have to combine schools to just get a good team. Hmmmm... :wink0st:

Actually, by the way it sounds, you guys are the valley of the metro area, so it will be a tough competition. Good luck ( you'll need it).

Haha, I am actually surprised you knew that information, although to be fair, we combined schools nearly 10 years ago.

I think the last school to win a state championship from Cedar Rapids metro was Cedar Rapids LaSalle in the 1980's. I was a freshman at LaSalle before the schools consolidated. It is interesting to me that in a way, if Xavier Wins, the only team to win a state championship in the last 25 years from Cedar Rapids will be the schools I attended.

Last edited:

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
Does Xavier still drop to 3A for some sports? If so, the number of championships is not nearly as impressive as if they are coming in 4A. I know Soccer only has two divisions, what about Cross Country?

I think they are in 3A for cross country. Some sports they do drop to 3A, some they are in 4A, it just depends on the sport. Although, regardless of 3A or 4A, we play 4A competition year round during the season because the schools in our conference are 4A, only during the actual tournaments would we only strictly play our own class division. IMO, a state championship is impressive no matter what class you are in.

Last edited:

FredMorris

Oct 24, 2006
SEP has the best offensive coordinator

in the nation. Brad Z has a mind like a steel trap and is rumored to be on Harbaugh's short list for the Cyclones OC next fall.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Brad Z has a mind like a steel trap and is rumored to be on Harbaugh's short list for the Cyclones OC next fall.

If this is true, I would die.

borc4cy

Aug 26, 2006
DSM, IA
All I have to say I havent seen either of these teams play. But I think CR is going to be bring a pretty big crowd to the game which Im sure both will. But CR will have more of the home field advantage. CR pulls off the upset in this one fellas. GO Xavier

brutodd

Apr 11, 2006
KS -> Albuquerque->KS
SEP Takes It! As a '99 alum of SEP ('04 ISU) I gotta be pulling from them all the way across that wasteland of Nebraska! The whole city (all 11,000) of them sounds like they are going up for the game which should be pretty sweet. Yes, CRX has the "home field" advantage but I think SEP have been more battle tested. SEP by 4 - 28-24 to bring home their second state title as somebody else mentioned :)

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I think SEP will have a good crowd. You see, we bring the whole family, and its never small. Bring your tissues CRX, you will be crying for you mom after this ones over.

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee

You're correct, his stat is skewed as Valley won the 2006 state baseball title for 4A, boys soccer and girls soccer for 2006 for 2A (the highest level).