Money in the Bank PPV

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Meant to post this when it actually still was Tues. 7 years ago yesterday was the date of the Chris Benoit tragedy. Can't believe it's been that long. It also marked a change as it sent WWE into the PG era.

A day that will live in infamy on several levels.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
His son, David is on the independent wrestling circut but I don't think the E will let him in.

Also Josh Matthews has been released by the E today.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
A day that will live in infamy on several levels.

I read two things the other day about Benoit. 1. according to his autopsy his heart was in bad shape and he probably would of died from a heart issue within a year, 2. his father sent his brain to be studied for research and the doctors concluded his brain had suffered so much damage that his brain was the equivalent of an 85 year old Alzheimer's patient.

Wrestling should probably permanently remove the flying headbutt move.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Raw live at Wells Fargo on Sept. 1st. I know it was mentioned in Sept but wasn't sure if you had seen the date yet.

We now thanks anyway,

I just realized that I can't go to it since I have a 8 AM class at Iowa State. Hopefully they have a house show in Ames or something the weekend before so I get some action.

What would've happened to Chris probably happened to the Ultimate Warrior. He was on bad terms with the E right before he signed a legends contract right? It wouldn't surprise me that he made up with the company to make sure his family got a source of income in case he did die.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
We now thanks anyway,

I just realized that I can't go to it since I have a 8 AM class at Iowa State. Hopefully they have a house show in Ames or something the weekend before so I get some action.

What would've happened to Chris probably happened to the Ultimate Warrior. He was on bad terms with the E right before he signed a legends contract right? It wouldn't surprise me that he made up with the company to make sure his family got a source of income in case he did die.

How would a morning class make miss an event that happens Monday evening? Back in the day raw actually aired twice from Hilton plus a house show but wwe will probably never go to Ames again.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
His son, David is on the independent wrestling circut but I don't think the E will let him in.

Also Josh Matthews has been released by the E today.

Are they in money troubles? I really liked Josh Matthews as a commentator. I don't really care for JBL.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Are they in money troubles? I really liked Josh Matthews as a commentator. I don't really care for JBL.

They aren't in money trouble, they are in "shareholders are ****** about the TV deal, have to fix profits" mode and are tightening the budget up a little bit.

Plus there are quite a few rumors they have signed some new talent from the Indy's and also New Japan, as well as Sting to a legends contract, so I think it's more cutting dead weight (more due to WWE's own lack of creative, not Josh).

Also, Renee Young has been a hit on the pre/post shows and Josh was taking up space/money with her on board. I would be more than happy to see JBL go away from announcing as a money savings move, and have put Josh on the announce table myself.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
How would a morning class make miss an event that happens Monday evening? Back in the day raw actually aired twice from Hilton plus a house show but wwe will probably never go to Ames again.

It's my living situation. I have to commute, I don't live in Ames.

Yeah, they been releasing because of the stockholders.
Renee Young is better anyway so I don't really care. I did like him though.

I'd rather want them to cut Lawler more than JBL to be honest.
JBL and Cole Show is best thing for the company right now, it's hilarious.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
It's my living situation. I have to commute, I don't live in Ames.

Yeah, they been releasing because of the stockholders.
Renee Young is better anyway so I don't really care. I did like him though.

I'd rather want them to cut Lawler more than JBL to be honest.
JBL and Cole Show is best thing for the company right now, it's hilarious.

And JBL has become an amazing heal commentator. He's a great mix of funny while leaning toward the side of the bad guys. His comments whenever Bo Dallas is out there are hilarious.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
NXT Spoiler if you haven't seen this weeks show already. Ignore if you haven't seen it or don't watch

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
S A W F T SAWFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
On this day in WWE history:
[video=youtube;2OS9wZGb_3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OS9wZGb_3g[/video]

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
The more two matches for MitB have been announced

Summer Rae vs Layla Special Guest Referee: Fandango

Rybaxel vs Stardust (Cody Rhodes' new persona) / Goldust

EDIT: Big E vs Rusev has been added as well.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Thought I post if anyone was interested. There was a presale on Fri for the Des moines raw. Got a single ticket, tried again later and got what hopefully is a better ticket. So I have an extra I have to sell. Seat i'm selling is side opposite the main camera and it's row b which means row 2. If anyone is interested pm me.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Thought I post if anyone was interested. There was a presale on Fri for the Des moines raw. Got a single ticket, tried again later and got what hopefully is a better ticket. So I have an extra I have to sell. Seat i'm selling is side opposite the main camera and it's row b which means row 2. If anyone is interested pm me.

I'd be interested, but I'll plan on waiting until we're closer to the date to buy any tickets. Figured I'd wait and see where the storylines are and so I can sit next to friends if they want to go as well. Would anyone happen to know how difficult close tickets are to come by say, a couple weeks beforehand? Also, is it better to be on the floor (but not in the first few rows) or up in the bleachers? It seems like it might be tough for some of my shorter friends to see if we aren't in the first few rows on the floor.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Renee Young is my celebrity crush.

Just watched smackdown. At the 25 minute mark, you can see BNB tap Swagger's leg to let him know he's actually hurt. Swagger then goes from Ambrose. Swagger threw BNB into the wall way too hard....was obvious.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Renee Young is my celebrity crush.

Just watched smackdown. At the 25 minute mark, you can see BNB tap Swagger's leg to let him know he's actually hurt. Swagger then goes from Ambrose. Swagger threw BNB into the wall way too hard....was obvious.

After the news I watched that part intently and noticed that too mj. I think you could see something wrong as soon as bnb hit the wall.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Money in the Bank predictions?

Here's how I think it'll go tonight
Contract MitB (I think BNB will win if he does in fact participate tonight. If not, Ziggler will. Because I think Ambrose and Rollins will probably brawl and forget about the contract all together)

Usos vs Harper/Rowan (sorry Usos, you'll lose the titles for now)

Big E vs Rusev (Rusev is going to win, he's getting a push)

Paige vs Naomi (It'll hopefully get a good chunk of time before Cameron interferes. Wonder if it will lead to a triple threat between Paige, Naomi and Cameron?)

Rybaxel vs Golddust/Stardust (The gimmick is working it seems. So expect to see this renewed tag team to last a while)

Summer Rae vs Layla (I predict Summer will win but will still dump Fandango. Turning Heel in the process)

Title Ladder Match (LOL Cena Wins but Triple H will interfere with Reigns winning the title.)