People who are no longer famous

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Maybe a bit of a deceptive subject line, but I saw a movie star referred to this way on another site and got to thinking who are some others. If you want to add some more besides mine, feel free, but know that I'm not talking about older stars who no longer appear in many movies or TV shows and are semi-retired, but the younger generation of actors and singers and entertainers who have faded from the scene.

1. Shia LeBouef. This is the guy the other site talked about as no longer being famous. Five years ago, it seemed he was in every film made. His acting roles are drying up because he has a rep for being extremely hard to get along with.

2. Chris Rock. Has he been in anything recently besides the BET awards show or some HBO comedy special?

3. Viggo Mortenson. I know he's been working, but not in anything you ever heard of. Seems like he fell off the radar shortly after "The Road" was made. Too bad, because I think he's a terrific actor and one of my favorites.

4. Keanu Reeves. Maybe he's been in some movies lately, but none that I've run across. I might be stretching it a bit here because he's getting close to the category of old, semi-retired actors.

If I had time, I'd try to come up with some more. Can't think of any females for this list. Feel free to add to it.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Gene Chizik.

At the height of his reign of terror he had coins made in his honor. Now he has dropped off the face of the earth with the lone exception being a picture that surfaced of him giving his daughter's prom date the look of death.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Maybe a bit of a deceptive subject line, but I saw a movie star referred to this way on another site and got to thinking who are some others. If you want to add some more besides mine, feel free, but know that I'm not talking about older stars who no longer appear in many movies or TV shows and are semi-retired, but the younger generation of actors and singers and entertainers who have faded from the scene.

1. Shia LeBouef. This is the guy the other site talked about as no longer being famous. Five years ago, it seemed he was in every film made. His acting roles are drying up because he has a rep for being extremely hard to get along with.

2. Chris Rock. Has he been in anything recently besides the BET awards show or some HBO comedy special?

3. Viggo Mortenson. I know he's been working, but not in anything you ever heard of. Seems like he fell off the radar shortly after "The Road" was made. Too bad, because I think he's a terrific actor and one of my favorites.

4. Keanu Reeves. Maybe he's been in some movies lately, but none that I've run across. I might be stretching it a bit here because he's getting close to the category of old, semi-retired actors.

If I had time, I'd try to come up with some more. Can't think of any females for this list. Feel free to add to it.

Kind of an odd title really. I mean yeah, they may not be doing a lot of work, but all of those guys you mentioned would probably have at least one person recognize, if not ask for their autograph, if you were just sitting with them at a bar. Especially Chris Rock. I'd say he's still quite famous.

I mean hell, look at Liz Taylor before she died. She hadn't done anything in decades, but was still one of the most famous people in the world.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
Paris Hilton...thank the lord. Chris Rock was in Grown Ups, other than that I am disappointed that Dave Chappelle has dropped off which I know was by his choice

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Seems like Debra Winger has fallen of the face of the earth after some decent movies.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Keanu was in two movies last year that I know of.

Chris Rock I think stays away from the spotlight more and spends more time as a family man.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Samuel L. Jackson. Haven't seen him in anything for a long time.

What's in your wallet?

027ce78b5eeabf9855260f5528adf1ab.jpg

I'll list Pauly Shore & Bobcat Goldthwait.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
Paris Hilton...thank the lord. Chris Rock was in Grown Ups, other than that I am disappointed that Dave Chappelle has dropped off which I know was by his choice

Dave Chappelle is currently finishing up a 9 show run at Radio City and will be doing a show at Red Rocks in August. I would say that means he is coming back.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012

Keanu was just in 47 Ronin that came out a couple of months ago.