NBA: *** Official 2014 NBA Off-Season Thread ***

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Afflalo headed back to Denver, I'm guessing that means Orlando's offer for Cleveland's number one so off the board.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Afflalo headed back to Denver, I'm guessing that means Orlando's offer for Cleveland's number one so off the board.

Smart play if they do stay put. I'm not sold on anyone as the clear cut best prospect, so why move up unless you're totally convinced one guy is going to be the best player out of this class? If I was a GM I would be trading down and stockpiling assets like crazy right now. It's the kind of draft where whoever gets picked at #10 could be just as good or better than the guy who goes #4.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Smart play if they do stay put. I'm not sold on anyone as the clear cut best prospect, so why move up unless you're totally convinced one guy is going to be the best player out of this class? If I was a GM I would be trading down and stockpiling assets like crazy right now. It's the kind of draft where whoever gets picked at #10 could be just as good or better than the guy who goes #4.

I feel the same way, I thought Orlando's offer of Afflalo plus the #4 and #12 picks was a very nice package for Cleveland. And if Exum would have fell to them at four and they didn't want another guard, they would have had no problem finding someone looking to move up to take him.

Could be a busy day for the Celtics as it sounds like they are trying to work out a deal with Sacramento to send Rondo to the Kings for their lottery pick.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I feel the same way, I thought Orlando's offer of Afflalo plus the #4 and #12 picks was a very nice package for Cleveland. And if Exum would have fell to them at four and they didn't want another guard, they would have had no problem finding someone looking to move up to take him.

Could be a busy day for the Celtics as it sounds like they are trying to work out a deal with Sacramento to send Rondo to the Kings for their lottery pick.

Yeah, Cleveland should have jumped on that offer. Only the Cavs could screw up back to back #1 overall picks. But I suppose it isn't too late. If they stay patient right up til the last minute then another team might panic and make a killer offer.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Apparently the Rockets, who traded Asik for a 1st rounder in 2015, are trying to clear cap space for not only Melo but also LeBron. To do so they would need to a sign and trade with the Knicks... for Harden. If they dumped Lin's contract it could also be possible to sign LeBron.

a big 3 of LeBron, Melo, and Howard would be something the league has never seen before.

i don't think it happens but if you're looking for a realistic situation where Melo and James could play together while also not being the Heat, it's this one.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Apparently the Rockets, who traded Asik for a 1st rounder in 2015, are trying to clear cap space for not only Melo but also LeBron. To do so they would need to a sign and trade with the Knicks... for Harden. If they dumped Lin's contract it could also be possible to sign LeBron.

a big 3 of LeBron, Melo, and Howard would be something the league has never seen before.

Maybe they can get Melo, but I just can't see Lebron going to a team in the loaded West. The easier path to the Finals is in the East, and will be for at least the next couple seasons.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Maybe they can get Melo, but I just can't see Lebron going to a team in the loaded West. The easier path to the Finals is in the East, and will be for at least the next couple seasons.

And that is why LeBron will never be considered the "best"

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

i don't think it happens but if you're looking for a realistic situation where Melo and James could play together while also not being the Heat, it's this one.

A Calderon-Harden backcourt is going to lead to a lot of points...for both teams.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames

Well, I don't think the Rockets will trade Harden for Melo unless they believe LeBron is a real option. So I doubt that happens. Either way, they'll go after Melo straight up after they dump Jeremy Lin.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Lakers also probably will try to plan Melo in there as well. Melo, Lebron, Kobe wouldn't be too bad of a tandem.

Great for ESPN, not a team you're winning a title with though. They wouldn't be able to fill that roster out with enough talent until Kobe's massive contact is up in two years.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

NBA's 3 most hated guys on one team.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
That would be a horrible team. Melo and Kobe definitely would not mix.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think that would be a good team either.

Every single one of those 3 guys are "me" first guys..... especially Kobe and Melo. Won't work.

Look at San Antonio and tell me who is a "me" first guy on that team? Answer.... nobody. They just won the title with their leading scorer averaging the least amount of points of any team ever. That's how you win games.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

http://network.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/16729747?widget=true

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron