Naz's Groin Injury

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Am I the only one concerned about this? Groin injuries can linger for months and easily be aggravated after supposed healing time. One of the worst things to recover fully from IMO.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Just thrilled this team seems to be really versatile and deep except perhaps in terms of true point guard (until next year when that spot will be deep).

We all love Naz and he's as clutch as it gets, but increased minutes for BDJ, Thomas, SDW, Custer and all of our wing players…we'd keep it rolling.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
Just thrilled this team seems to be really versatile and deep except perhaps in terms of true point guard (until next year when that spot will be deep).

We all love Naz and he's as clutch as it gets, but increased minutes for BDJ, Thomas, SDW, Custer and all of our wing players…we'd keep it rolling.

I'd say Monte and Custer are both pretty much "true point guards".

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Am I the only one concerned about this? Groin injuries can linger for months and easily be aggravated after supposed healing time. One of the worst things to recover fully from IMO.

Not worried at all. Lots of time and good care the whole time.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'd say Monte and Custer are both pretty much "true point guards".

That's what I mean, it's the only area where a backup hasn't played well against a high level of competition. Not that I'm stressing over it. Next year we could be one of the deepest gaurd teams in the country especially considering niang can run the offense too.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
He strained his groin making so many game winning 3's against Okie State. We need more offense this year to prevent that from happening again.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
iOzBHsrEUgn6U.gif

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I tore my groin muscle so bad a couple years ago my entire leg was a bruise and they had to do tests to verify it didn't tear off the bone. It took a month to heal and I am out of shape. He'll be fine.

BlackHawk

Sep 30, 2010
That has to be a terrible injury. I'd be so afraid of re-aggravating it that it would be tough for me to get back to full speed. That thought would always be in the back of my mind. What generally causes these types of injuries? Is it usually a shot to the sac, or more of over-stretch type thing?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
That has to be a terrible injury. I'd be so afraid of re-aggravating it that it would be tough for me to get back to full speed. That thought would always be in the back of my mind. What generally causes these types of injuries? Is it usually a shot to the sac, or more of over-stretch type thing?

Shot to the sack is completely different and unrelated.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO

It's for sure a shot to the sac.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Wow

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
That's what I mean, it's the only area where a backup hasn't played well against a high level of competition. Not that I'm stressing over it. Next year we could be one of the deepest gaurd teams in the country especially considering niang can run the offense too.

We had that same "problem" last year as well with Monte coming in. We all know how well that ended up.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
[video=youtube;vg9ruee3Vos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg9ruee3Vos[/video]

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
While we have a Naz thread, and out of my own curiosity, is Naz his full name, or is it short for something?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron