I am giving advice. Not dogging him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclonedrew

Apr 11, 2006
The reason I hate certain websites is because the mods think the ban button is fun. Don't be like that. The only thing I am saying is Jeremy should watch how he words what he is saying. To say it's "breaking news" is not accurate. The thing to say is I honestly beleive from what my sources are saying is Jim Harbaugh will be our next coach. "breaking News" makes everyone think it's set in stone. Now here is what I wrote that you want to ban me on. It's a discusion thread and not dogging the owner of the site. Lay off the ban button.

Last time we hired a basketball coach you said that Jeter from Mil Wis was our next coach. You were wrong along with many other people. Not dogging you out on that claim.

Now your saying that Jim Harbaugh is our next coach. Do you realize that if you are wrong on this one you will lose a lot of credibility? You should really calm down on your predicitions.

To predict what Jamie Pollard is thinking is a bad move. So far nobody has predicted the right outcome of anything he is trying to do at ISU. In other words I think the sources you might need to check with are in San Diego.

I will keep watching your site.

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
perhaps you should give your advice directly to jeremy then. click on "PM" right next to his name and you may have your own conversation.

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
I agree, it is not news until it is fact. Until then, it is a rumor or personal opinion, but to call something other than fact news is inaccurate.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
You should really calm down on your predictions.
Cyclonedrew, You say that your intention is not to "dog" Jeremy but the wording of that line comes off as an attempt to dog him. I understand your train of thought, however, it may have been better to phrase it differently. Many of us are not professional writers and we all make wording mistakes. I believe that your post would have come across better if it was worded differently.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I would rather hear about Harbaugh being the coach than to sit in a vacuum as the Gazette and Rag rage on about we can do no better than McC. This is a free site and creates excitment for people. Obviously, Harbaugh being at Drake game with JP attending is a leading indicator the search has been on for awhile. Harbaugh or Brewster are recruiting updgrades and probably coaching upgrades and most like staff upgrades. No harm done with breaking that news before Missouri game. After Colorado, we are definitely headed the right direction with a new staff. Thank McC. Hire new coach. Bring the staff. Start recruiting before Feb. Win. Win. Win. Win over Iowa. Then start on North foes.

Last edited:

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
How is this website any different than

anything you see on ESPN or CN or Rivals? Thats the business they are in. These places are for dedicated fans to revel in gossip and rumor about our passion for Cyclone athletics. If you're bothered by the content exercise your right and don't partake. You should be damn glad there are now 3 sites dedicated to Cyclone athletics rather than picking nits about someone's phrasology....

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The ban button is fun? LMAO!

I looked, this site has only about 10-15 banned members. 4 on the list are the same person. I think 2 or 3 others had 2 accounts banned as well.

So what's your point?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Personally, who gives a crap whether Jeremy says "BREAKING NEWS" or "BREAKING UPDATE" or "BREAKING OPINION" or "BREAKING INFORMATION BUT DON'T TAKE THIS AS 100% FACT"

Why are we debating this? And a better question...why are you analyzing this?? Who cares?

cyclonedrew

Apr 11, 2006
but the wording of that line comes off as an attempt to dog him.

O.K. I realize it may look like that but I was not trying to dog him. I realize this a free site but Jeremy runs the site and gives what people think is fact. I am just saying unless you know for a fact that it's happening that you should let people know that it's speculation from inside sources.

Look I know some pretty high up people at ISU. I know who they think the next coach will be and I think I know. The only person's who really know are the next head coach, his wife, and our A.D.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Some people spend their entire day/week/life bringing other people down so they can feel a little better about themselves.

I'll bet the original poster has never...

- Made an incorrect statement about something/someone
- Read something on another site/publication that wasn't 100% fact.
- Speculated about something.
- Actually read what Jeremy said about Harbaugh, that he's almost sure it's a "done deal" but it's not final yet.

/ sarcasm

Drew - your exit sign isn't too far away. I don't consider the ban button to be fun, however, I do enjoy ridding this site of members that only want to drag it down. The ball is in your court.

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
If you have a suggestion, just email it to him. Don't post it in a public forum...
exactly my point.

but, i have another question...when did this site become a source of 100% accurate news? i thought we were here to bounce around opinions and have fun and to maybe get in on some breaking news. when it comes to news of any kind...it can change. but, this site does a good job of updating it's users on what is happening now. i think jeremy's point of posting about harbaugh is that his hire is what is being pursued now. coudl that change? could jp be using that as a decoy? maybe...but we'll all find out. in the mean time, relax....refresh your browser and come play and have fun. it's not costing you anything....

cyclonedrew

Apr 11, 2006
Read my post's in the past. If you want to ban me then fine. Go ahead and do it. I was simply trying to is give some advice.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
This forum should be treated as a "water cooler" message board.

Jeremy has never claimed that he's trying to be some kind of journalist, nor would I want him to be. He's a guy that has some connections to a little inside info.

If he's wrong, I really don't care. It's just fun to gossip and speculate.

Geesk people, come on!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
cyclonedrew, no one here wants to ban you. That's your choice all by yourself and Jeremy nor any of the mods need your permission to do so.

Just play by the rules, it's that simple. And if you feel so strongly about something that Jeremy has done/posted - do as other members suggested - handle it privately and e-mail him.

No one received your post as advice, really. Most everyone read it as an attack on Jeremy and CF.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Let's put this all into perspective. Jeremy has a site that is for fun, about a sports team. None of this is going to end the world. If someone doesn't like the way the site is run, or what others are allowed to say, they don't have to come. That being said, we want everyone to be allowed to share their thoughts about ISU, sports, etc. without being shot down. This has all become a big huge deal about what? People disagreeing with Jeremy breaking a story? Or with Jeremy breaking a story before a rival site? Who even CARES about any site rivalry, besides possibly the site owners???

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Some people spend their entire day/week/life bringing other people down so they can feel a little better about themselves.

I'll bet the original poster has never...

- Made an incorrect statement about something/someone
- Read something on another site/publication that wasn't 100% fact.
- Speculated about something.
- Actually read what Jeremy said about Harbaugh, that he's almost sure it's a "done deal" but it's not final yet.

/ sarcasm

Drew - your exit sign isn't too far away. I don't consider the ban button to be fun, however, I do enjoy ridding this site of members that only want to drag it down. The ball is in your court.

Wait ISUFan22, why are you defending yourself??? You are Jeremy right? :biggrin9gp:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
It is impossible to tell what kind of emotion someone is trying to portray through words that they typed. I think the man is just trying to say that Jermey could loose alot of credibility by coming out and saying this. The fact he brings up is true, but what Drew needs to relize is this thought had probably crossed Jermeys mind before he posted it.
IMO, when you get something for free, don't ever, ever complain! But at the same time, let people speak their mind when something comes up. The only person this post should offend is Jeremy and nobody else. If he does not like it, he should be the one to speak out and take action on it . I think everyone else just needs to chill a little.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.