Hoiberg Father Son Camp

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Another other fanatics going to be at the father son camp this weekend?

I'm taking two boys one just completed 5th grade and the other just finished 3rd. I'm looking forward to it but remember last year I was hardly able to walk afterwards. They work the dads pretty hard and having to keep up with two boys is tough. I'm in a better shape this year though.

I have either a knockout or hotshot dads champion title to defend. (Possibly my greatest athletic accomplishment)

ISUENGR

May 15, 2010
Ames, IA
Another other fanatics going to be at the father son camp this weekend?

I'm taking two boys one just completed 5th grade and the other just finished 3rd. I'm looking forward to it but remember last year I was hardly able to walk afterwards. They work the dads pretty hard and having to keep up with two boys is tough. I'm in a better shape this year though.

I have either a knockout or hotshot dads champion title to defend. (Possibly my greatest athletic accomplishment)

BEST. POST. EVER! I cannot wait to take my son in a couple of years.

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
We got back this afternoon. I did not anticipate the level of soreness that it would create. While we worked pretty hard I think the rubber track they play on is hell on your legs. I am beat though.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
We got back this afternoon. I did not anticipate the level of soreness that it would create. While we worked pretty hard I think the rubber track they play on is hell on your legs. I am beat though.

I thought the workout was worse last year but I could be in better shape this year. My legs are sore enough a three hour drive is going to be rough.

Overall the event was great this year. Other than BDJ and Monte the whole team was there. Custer was great filling in as part time dad when I was spiltting time between sons. Great guy and going to be fun to watch. Just a great opportunity for the kids to interact with players.

Also for anyone interested Fred won the Dads knockout competition.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm still waiting for a Fred Hoiberg Mother Son camp, I think there would be more participants than the father son camp!

Registration for the Mother/Son camp includes drool bibs for the Moms!

Last edited:

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
Went to it with my soon to be 3rd grader son. Man am I sore. I am fat old(37), short and out of shape. I was not anticipating the workout I was going to get. I was fine up until we started the games sat night(court 17). I started cramping up the first rotation, and thought "oh crap..." I swilled a bunch of water and was able to keep from cramping the rest of the camp. It was all worth it though. I am already starting to feel a little better. I couldn't hardly walk last night. Now if I get up and walk around for a bit I loosen right up. I'm thinking we will do it again next year, if his good behavior warrants it.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Wait a minute, I'm a mom and have only daughters--what do I get? Mother/daughter basketball camp with Fred and Paige? I'll settle for one of the twins dating my daughter someday. ;)

One of my friends posted a picture of her son at the father/son camp. The dad tore his Achilles' tendon so Georges stepped in as dad for him.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
If you have to ask, you can't afford it...[/QUOTE]

Don't be a ****.
sticker,375x360.u1.png