The Goliath - New rollercoaster at Six Flags in Gurnee

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
"Wooden rollercoaster"

Yah..ok. Steel cars that are fixed to a steal track so they can't fall when going upside down...IMO not a a Wooden Rollercoaster.

Calling this a Wooden Rollercoaster puts it in the same class as the Tornado at Adventureland. Do they look like the same ride outside of what holds the track up?

Son of Beast RIP btw...Probably the last true great "big" wooden rollercoaster.

Having said that...I have nothing against the coaster itself. Looks friggin awesome.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
The designers are better people than me.

On Rolleroaster Tycoon I would occasional take out sections of track mid-ride.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
It replaced the Iron Wolf? That's sad, I loved that coster. But yes, this does look awesome!

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I haven't been on it yet. We always get season passes, because if you buy them at the end of the year for the next year, a season pass, with free parking, costs as much as a one day ticket, so it's well worth it. We were up there on Father's day and they were running it for press and employees. It may not be what a steel coaster can get you, but that first drop is crazy steep. And a coaster that goes upside down without shoulder a shoulder harness sounds like a wild ride.

I still don't think the over all ride will be better than their Raging Bull they have. That's still my favorite because of the speed and it's still a higher drop than Goliath will be. Plus, you basically sit on the car, as opposed to being in the car.

We'll probably get up there next week to ride it, my kids are going nuts for it. I'll report back, when and if the lines go down a bit. I heard on Friday it was a 2 hour wait to ride it. Although the good thing about that, all the other coasters probably won't have lines.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Pretty decent coaster but kind of meh after being on the ones at six flags in LA.

You should go to Cedar Point and be blown away. My first ever amusement park experience was Cedar Point and everything is just kinda meh compared to it. Though Six Flags Great America is pretty good

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
You should go to Cedar Point and be blown away. My first ever amusement park experience was Cedar Point and everything is just kinda meh compared to it. Though Six Flags Great America is pretty good

Ive wanted to visit Cedar Point since I was a kid.Definitely a bucket list item for me

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Pretty decent coaster but kind of meh after being on the ones at six flags in LA.

Cedar Point and/or Six Flags Magic Mountain in LA are on my bucket list. It seems like those 2 theme parks have the who's who of roller coasters.