Tiger Returning

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Holy **** they kept that quiet. It was just two days ago it came out that he was swinging. If he can swing I think this is a great move rather than trying to practice and get ready for the British.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm not really a fan of the guy, but I'll watch just about any tournament with him in it. I can't figure out why, just do.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
I'm glad he's taken it slow and made sure he's really ready. I never really watched anything but the majors until he came along. I tried watching the Masters, but without El Tigre, it just isn't the same fore me!!

IMO, if he can play pain free for a few years, (I think that's what his most recent swing overhaul was all about), he's got a very good shot at breaking Jack's major titles record.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I'm glad he's taken it slow and made sure he's really ready. I never really watched anything but the majors until he came along. I tried watching the Masters, but without El Tigre, it just isn't the same fore me!!

IMO, if he can play pain free for a few years, (I think that's what his most recent swing overhaul was all about), he's got a very good shot at breaking Jack's major titles record.

He's maybe the oldest 38 in sports history.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston

no chance at breaking Jack' record.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Like him or hate him, golf is much more entertaining and enjoyable when Tiger is playing.

For some, i prefer him on the sidelines and not playing. Like to watch the other players play. Tiger is turning into Kobe Bryant, in his mind he's great and has flashes of playing well, but he's way past his prime / injury prone and not going to be a champion again.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
For some, i prefer him on the sidelines and not playing. Like to watch the other players play. Tiger is turning into Kobe Bryant, in his mind he's great and has flashes of playing well, but he's way past his prime / injury prone and not going to be a champion again.

I would like to see him come back and be top flight again but don't think it is going to happen. I think your Kobe analogy is likely pretty accurate.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

Kobe's had one very major injury, and up until that point, he was still great and played well damn near all the time. Let's not pretend that he wasn't still one of the top 2-3 players in the NBA prior to tearing his Achilles'.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Kobe's had one very major injury, and up until that point, he was still great and played well damn near all the time. Let's not pretend that he wasn't still one of the top 2-3 players in the NBA prior to tearing his Achilles'.

Then his knee went out

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Jack won four of his majors at or after 38 years old. This isn't basketball, and there's a reason people play golf a ton during retirement.

Jack wasn't breaking down physically. He didn't have all the drama in his life. Tiger has rode his body hard. Not saying he won't win 1 more major, but 5.......not with the talent on the PGA today

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Then his knee went out

Regardless, if there's any kind of analogy to be made between Kobe and Tiger, you guys have got it backwards. Tiger's been battling various injuries for 7 years. Kobe has only been shown to be human during the 15 months.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The rest of the players on tour may as well get ready to not exist for the rest of the season.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The rest of the players on tour may as well get ready to not exist for the rest of the season.

Yes, but does he hold up for the rest of the season?

The swing changes referenced earlier in the thread are directly tied to his physical health and at the same time make him more like everyone else.

This isn't 1999-2000 any more.

Last edited: