Seneca Wallace & others to host camp (Ankeny) this Saturday

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I doubt Seneca will have any problem filling this camp up every year to make this an annual event. I live a block from the complex and plan to do a little gawking at some of our past Cyclone heroes.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Wow, I hadn't heard about this until now. I played golf with Jack last night and still didn't know. I could swear he did one of these last year, but it must not have been a camp. Am I thinking of something else?

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Great turnout for Seneca's first camp and he had a lot of help with Austin Flynn, Todd Blythe, Brett Meyer, Lane Danielson, Milan Moses and Lance Briggs of the Bears, to name a few. Don't know what Seneca's connection is with Briggs, but he looks the part of NFL linebacker.

Cyfan4good

Jul 7, 2009
Ankeny
We were at a wedding reception at the Sheraton in West Des Moines Saturday evening and saw Seneca in the lobby bar. He said the camp finished up and had gone well. Got my picture taken with him. Great Cyclone and a great guy.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
My 9-year old had a lot of fun at the camp. They were well organized and all the coaches were very accessible for pictures, autographs, hand-shakes, etc. I had shown my son some videos of Seneca prior to the camp, so he had an idea of who he was, how he played, etc. Obviously, we started with "The Run" against Texas Tech. I told him I was at that game, but unfortunately, in the bathroom during that play. On the You Tube sidebar, it also mentioned "The Run" against Florida State, which I had all but forgotten about. Man, did that open up some old wounds. It looked pretty obvious to me that he scored, but that's wasn't how it worked out. My son mentioned to Seneca that he watched the video and thought he scored, and Seneca said "heck yes, I scored". That play doesn't get enough credit in the conversation of all-time Iowa State nut-kicks.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron