RECRUITING: Are more in-state commits on the way?

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Only way Allen ends up at UNI is if he wants to join his brother and continue his Dad's legacy there.

He's a good, and will only get better. Definitely see him going higher level D-I.

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008
Glad to see us going after more Iowa kids that deserve offers, and I agree about Allen. I know there are occasional misses but David Johnson should have taught us and the squawks that we just can't expect some of these outstanding Iowa kids to walk on.

David Johnson had no grades out of high school

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Glad to see us going after more Iowa kids that deserve offers, and I agree about Allen. I know there are occasional misses but David Johnson should have taught us and the squawks that we just can't expect some of these outstanding Iowa kids to walk on.

Because every iowa hs player that goes to UNI turns out like that. Maybe we should just field a team of all Iowa high school players. And drop down to division 3.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
No, it means that Johnson didn't qualify until very late in the process. Had he not been a football player, he likely wouldn't have been admitted to UNI either

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Says who? Don't all 3 state universities have the same RAI admissions requirements?

I am assuming hes referring to Johnson possibly being a partial qualifier, but there are actually differences in admission requirements between the 2 schools. They aren't massive but they do exists.

And obviously there are admissions differences between FBS and FCS.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I am assuming hes referring to Johnson possibly being a partial qualifier, but there are actually differences in admission requirements between the 2 schools. They aren't massive but they do exists.

And obviously there are admissions differences between FBS and FCS.

There are scholarship level differences but I thought NCAA clearinghouse rules for D1 cover both divisions.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
There are scholarship level differences but I thought NCAA clearinghouse rules for D1 cover both divisions.

I think Johnson was more about not qualifying in time, than not qualifying at all, that had more to do with him slipping thru the cracks. ISU and U of I couldn't wait around while he got things straightened out.

Help Support Us

Become a patron