WHO-TV's Sonya Heitshusen & Eric Wheater arrested for OWI

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...9/two-who-tv-reporters-arrested-owi/10231947/

"Heitshusen, 47, of Des Moines was stopped shortly after 1 a.m. near Fifth Avenue and Walnut Street.
She at first refused to exit her vehicle and refused any field sobriety tests or a preliminary breath test, authorities said.
"Heitshusen had bloodshot and watery eyes, slurred speech and swayed and staggered as she stood, according to Des Moines police reports.
"At the Des Moines police station, she stumbled and had to use the wall of the OWI testing room for balance and appeared to fumble and have trouble using her phone when she tried to place calls, police reports show.
"Heitshusen again refused to take a breath test and was taken to the Polk County Jail, authorities said."

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
I was wondering when somebody was going to report on this. I had heard rumblings about it this weekend on twitter. On a side note Sonya must have known she was screwed because refusing the second breathalyzer at the station or refusing to give blood is an automatic 6 month suspension of your license.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was wondering when somebody was going to report on this. I had heard rumblings about it this weekend on twitter. On a side note Sonya must have known she was screwed because refusing the second breathalyzer at the station or refusing to give blood is an automatic 6 month suspension of your license.

I'm sure it is just indepth investigative journalism for a huge story she is doing. She'll be a shoo in for a Pulitzer.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Did Murph and Andy comment? They usually have some smart *** comment.

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
The best is still Erin Kiernan's husband going through a drive-thru late at night drunk in his boxers only. Channel 13 keeping it real.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I don't think they should be fired but that's just my opinion. Everyone makes mistakes. If they get a second one then they should be fired.