SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Yes I did :smile:
throne_of_lies_elf.gif

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
25-10-10. Bet the farm.

Also, Naz and MT are sharp-shooters, but Monte looked pretty damn good shooting the 3-ball himself. I think he's going to be the biggest surprise of all next year. He's going to be one of the main options.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Sounds like Georges has been putting in work. Not that I thought his conditioning was an issue last year, but imagine if he gains just an extra half step of quickness. :spinny:
Big 12 your on notice.

Jon Rothstein@JonRothstein 43m
Heard Iowa State's Georges Niang is down 15-20 pounds since the end of the season. Should be a first-team All-Big 12 player in 14-15.

mkleve44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2012
West Des Moines
Sounds like Georges has been putting in work. Not that I thought his conditioning was an issue last year, but imagine if he gains just an extra half step of quickness. :spinny:
Big 12 your on notice.

Heard Iowa State's Georges Niang is down 15-20 pounds since the end of the season. Should be a first-team All-Big 12 player in 14-15.

How much did he lose between his Freshman and Sophomore seasons?

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Big 12 your on notice.

That's surprising given his injury. Lot of unknowns on this team, but Niang and Morris are going to tear it up.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Sounds like Georges has been putting in work. Not that I thought his conditioning was an issue last year, but imagine if he gains just an extra half step of quickness. :spinny: Big 12 your on notice. Jon Rothstein@JonRothstein 43m Heard Iowa State's Georges Niang is down 15-20 pounds since the end of the season. Should be a first-team All-Big 12 player in 14-15.
With a broken foot there's not much else to do but crank out miles on an exercise bike or swim, both of which will burn of the calories pretty easily.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
With a broken foot there's not much else to do but crank out miles on an exercise bike or swim, both of which will burn of the calories pretty easily.

Or maybe it was just too much trouble getting in the buffet line one more time with a broken foot:pwink:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
With McKay, Edozie's potential development, plus 7-footer that can give you some spot minutes, maybe they're thinking Georges will be on the floor with McKay a fair amount, which could have him defending the 4 more.

whatparking

Apr 25, 2014
Has anyone else noticed that whenever the Big 12 is mentioned in an article, there is usually a picture of Georges? Too bad he can't get royalties. Or they give them to ISU. It could keep the ticket prices down.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
That's surprising given his injury. Lot of unknowns on this team, but Niang and Morris are going to tear it up.

Don't forget Hogue. I hope that guy can keep playing like he did in New York

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

I'm not sure there are that many unknowns, at least to the coaches. We have BDJ, McKay and Nader coming in and we (or at least the coaches) pretty much know what they bring. Custer, GT and development of guys like MT and Edozie are sort of wildcards, but we have a solid base to work with.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
With McKay, Edozie's potential development, plus 7-footer that can give you some spot minutes, maybe they're thinking Georges will be on the floor with McKay a fair amount, which could have him defending the 4 more.

Not sure that is the only reason for the weight loss. It's something he has needed to do since arriving on campus, and which he did before the start of last season. If he wants to play in the NBA, he'll need to lose weight and increase his quickness/endurance, so I think losing weight and toning-up in the off-season has been a goal for him from the beginning.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Has anyone else noticed that whenever the Big 12 is mentioned in an article, there is usually a picture of Georges? Too bad he can't get royalties. Or they give them to ISU. It could keep the ticket prices down.

Maybe Ed Obannon's lawyer will call him next week.

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
It's good to see he's working on his body. I've said this before but it's not like he needs to lose a ton of weight, just replace the unnecessary weight with some good lean muscle. He needs that weight to play the way he does but everything will come easier for him if it's muscle he's working with, not the extra fat. He's going to be a force next season.

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
We have 6 guys that seem like they are too good to not be in the starting lineup....Hogue, Mckay, Nader, Niang, BDJ and Morris...and at least two others who are killer 3 point guys (and solid all around players) in Thomas and Long. It will be tough on Fred trying to figure out his top 5, just not sure how you can bench any of those top 6 but obviously we have to. Its a very good problem to have. My "guess" is that Nader is the first guy off the bench, with Mckay, Niang, Hogue, BDJ and Morris starting. Gotta think Nader gets "starter" minutes, and that Thomas and Long are 20 minute per game guys off the bench.

Gonna be tough for guys like Edozie, SDW and Custer to crack into that lineup...the other 8 are just too damm good to take out of the game uless there's major foul problems. Its gonna be an exciting year...and the following season looks even better!

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
We have 6 guys that seem like they are too good to not be in the starting lineup....Hogue, Mckay, Nader, Niang, BDJ and Morris...and at least two others who are killer 3 point guys (and solid all around players) in Thomas and Long. It will be tough on Fred trying to figure out his top 5, just not sure how you can bench any of those top 6 but obviously we have to. Its a very good problem to have. My "guess" is that Nader is the first guy off the bench, with Mckay, Niang, Hogue, BDJ and Morris starting. Gotta think Nader gets "starter" minutes, and that Thomas and Long are 20 minute per game guys off the bench.
Coming off the bench isn't always such a bad gig.
Signed,
Manu Ginobili

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Gonna be tough for guys like Edozie, SDW and Custer to crack into that lineup...the other 8 are just too damm good to take out of the game uless there's major foul problems. Its gonna be an exciting year...and the following season looks even better!

Edozie, SDW and Custer will get decent minutes in the preseason, but come conference play, I don't see Hoiberg going deeper than 8 guys, and unless one of those three does amazing things, I don't see them surpassing any of the other 8.

bwbauer

Apr 23, 2014
FIndlay, OH
I wouldn't be surprised if he has a down year in stats even though he should be a better player. We will have more height and talent in the SF/PF/C position next year. He could lose minutes or shots/game.

Help Support Us

Become a patron