New Uniforms?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Ermagherd. It would kinda suck being a senior. Miss out on SEZ and new jerseys

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I have a feeling this won't even be an option soon. With the increased TV time, Nike is going to want more control over the uniforms we put out on the field. We don't have the tradition to dictate to Nike what we wear.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
We need someone to get started on this asap. A poster on here designed the throwbacks, maybe CycloneFanatic can influence the look of the new uniforms.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
We need someone to get started on this asap. A poster on here designed the throwbacks, maybe CycloneFanatic can influence the look of the new uniforms.

I like the throw backs - period. Not really the incarnation the AD came up with, but the renderings that the poster here did.

I'm sure much of the differences had to do with throwback colors and requirements for number sizes, locations, etc.

But the throwbacks were bad-*** and definitely unique.

Use the current helmet and logo, throw the throwback jersey in there with the current color scheme.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
All Saturday games use current uniforms (with updated colors) and all non-Saturday games wear the throwback style.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
All Saturday games use current uniforms (with updated colors) and all non-Saturday games wear the throwback style.

I actually like this a lot. Can someone with photoshop skills make an AWAY throwback jersey?

iowastatefb2.jpg

Shontrelle+Johnson+Iowa+State+v+Texas+Tech+lwJ4LMlN7rQl.jpg

EDIT: In the event of an away Thursday/Friday game

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I actually like this a lot. Can someone with photoshop skills make an AWAY throwback jersey?

iowastatefb2.jpg

Shontrelle+Johnson+Iowa+State+v+Texas+Tech+lwJ4LMlN7rQl.jpg

EDIT: In the event of an away Thursday/Friday game

goldjersey18.jpg

here is a start from Josh at Kagavi

You would think the away jersey would have to be white, and not the alternate yellow color. In my mind, I'm seeing a white jersey with the yellow stripes and a red number. Not sure how it would look with the white pants currently being worn for away games, but red or yellow pants probably wouldn't be bad.

Any way someone could mock that up? Thanks!

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
So in 2015 the team has a very good chance to look like ****.

Mirrored helmets and mustard is what I'm guessing. The kids love ugly ****

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
You would think the away jersey would have to be white, and not the alternate yellow color. In my mind, I'm seeing a white jersey with the yellow stripes and a red number. Not sure how it would look with the white pants currently being worn for away games, but red or yellow pants probably wouldn't be bad.

Any way someone could mock that up? Thanks!

AwayThrowback.jpg
Here is a professional quality mock up of your request.