Ticket prices to increase, parking and donation levels to change

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Got a letter from Jamie today about football and men's basketball pricing increases and adjustments. Nothing changes this year, but changes for 2015-2016 will be announced by early fall. He emphasizes Hilton will NOT be reseated for MBB.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Basketball changes this year and next, with the prices to be announced later this month for 2014 renewals and then in the fall for next season's football and basketball sales.

For basketball, the donor status doesn't change this year, so people can prepare for it when it comes. That's a 2015 change.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Can someone quote what the letter says? So far, one poster says "Nothing changes this year" and another says "Basketball changes this year and next, with the prices to be announced later this month for 2014 renewals."

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
It's a long letter, but they're going to make changes to parking too. It basically read like, we aren't changing things this year, but there will be large/many changes next year.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
We'll see if they've posted it, otherwise we'll try to take a picture of the front and back.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Basketball price increase is mentioned in the 2nd paragraph on the back.

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear initially on what changes and what doesn't this year. My phone doesn't allow much of a readable area when I'm entering text.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Are they doing a true re-seat? No.

Are they de facto re-seating by jacking up donation levels by huge amounts? Yes.

From the tone of the letter, it sounds like almost everyone better be willing to shell out cash to stay where they are.

Probably a good thing.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Since $4 million was mentioned at one point in the letter, I played around with that, just for an inaccurate eyeball estimate.

Assuming 40k season tickets for football going up $50 each, that's $2 million.
I assumed 14k for MBB at $50 over the 2 years. That got $700k, for a total of $2.7 million between the two.

Just base on my ridiculous setup, I'm guessing that prices are going way up, unless they're counting on the new SEZ club section to offset a lot of that.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Since $4 million was mentioned at one point in the letter, I played around with that, just for an inaccurate eyeball estimate.

Assuming 40k season tickets for football going up $50 each, that's $2 million.
I assumed 14k for MBB at $50 over the 2 years. That got $700k, for a total of $2.7 million between the two.

Just base on my ridiculous setup, I'm guessing that prices are going way up, unless they're counting on the new SEZ club section to offset a lot of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they charge for basketball parking separately either.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Are they doing a true re-seat? No.

Are they de facto re-seating by jacking up donation levels by huge amounts? Yes.

From the tone of the letter, it sounds like almost everyone better be willing to shell out cash to stay where they are.

Probably a good thing.

This ^^^^.

You will have the opportunity to keep your seats but quite a few better be prepared to up your donation payment by a good amount to do so.

Last edited:

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
This should have been done years ago. It's ridiculous to have free basketball parking (or free parking for ANY event at Hilton).

Good-bye family friendly events :sad:

I am happy that we're doing well. It just means they may be headed to out pricing families.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
As someone who never gets to go to games, I say Jack 'em up and bring in the cash!! No one better think about making my tv prices go up though. ARRRRRRGGGGGHHH!