Lazard ESPN Q&A

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
"say we’re playing at Texas next year and I drop a ball on third-and-5 or something."

Please god no.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
When do HS kids report for summer school and start working out with the team?

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I realize it is an interview and softball questions, but he sure seems like a kid who's wiser than his 18 years. Looking forward to seeing him in JTS :yes:

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I realize it is an interview and softball questions, but he sure seems like a kid who's wiser than his 18 years. Looking forward to seeing him in JTS :yes:

He's extremely level headed for an athlete. Honestly he was one of the most level headed people in the entire school.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
He must have been prepared for this one:

Lazard: I thought Coach Rhoads was very excited for the whole entire recruiting class. I guess he did talk about me at the beginning a little bit. But I think he was just excited about the whole entire group, not just one individual person.

I guess he did talk about me a little bit.... haha come on now. Maybe Rhoads could learn a little bit of humility from this young man.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
From the article: "We were 3-9 last year, so there’s not really any farther down we can go. It’s all uphill from here." #KeepingFingersCrossed
anigif_enhanced-buzz-8761-1400191838-20.gif

ILikeTurtles

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2011
He mentioned he's got a younger brother...
Anyone know how old he is? Any good at football?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Lazard: I thought Coach Rhoads was very excited for the whole entire recruiting class. I guess he did talk about me at the beginning a little bit. But I think he was just excited about the whole entire group, not just one individual person.

I guess he did talk about me a little bit.... haha come on now. Maybe Rhoads could learn a little bit of humility from this young man.

Of course. But then I'm guessing that when the iowa staff is bad mouthing you the whole time, you have a right to be just a little upset. Leave it to iowa fans to blow two sentences at a press conference out of proportion.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I agree. I wish Rhoads would have handled the press conference as professionally as Lazard handled this interview. That would have been nice.

Rhoads did Lazard a huge disservice IMO in his signing day press conference. He put WAY more pressure on the kid than he already had by ripping other schools (Notre Dame, Iowa) for their negative recruiting and then saying that Lazard would be off limits to the media his entire freshmen season. That was just beyond stupid.

Hopefully he can keep a level head through all of this, unlike Rhoads. I think he can. But he's sure going to be a target from opposing crowds because of how Rhoads is already treating this thing. Very unfortunate.

We're very lucky to have Lazard. Great kid.