Cyclone Volleyball Readies for Europe Trip Next Week

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cysister

Mar 18, 2008
Dubuque, IA
I would be surprised if the others could go as they probably haven't graduated from high school and they aren't enrolled in summer school yet because it hasn't started yet. Just guessing though. I know the incoming freshmen for WBB will be going on their trip later this summer.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I would be surprised if the others could go as they probably haven't graduated from high school and they aren't enrolled in summer school yet because it hasn't started yet. Just guessing though. I know the incoming freshmen for WBB will be going on their trip later this summer.

You might be right, spring trip versus summer trip.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
0-3 in matches so far. I don't know how good is the competition or the style of play. Hopefully we'll be better for the experience.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
0-3 in matches so far. I don't know how good is the competition or the style of play. Hopefully we'll be better for the experience.

Have wondered the same. However, more than anything, whatever it was that happened last year, this team needs to come together as a team, and this trip should be a big help in doing this. Plus, playing unfamiliar competition in unfamiliar surroundings will set the stage for Big 12 and tournament play.

I just wish they would post box scores so we could see a bit more about who is playing and how each is contributing.

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
Watched some of the livestream for today's match. ISU wins in three sets. Looks like they will play some more. Line-up essentially the same as this spring.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
ISU wins 3-0 over the Slovenia junior national team. I was able to catch the live stream and the team was less than impressive. A lot of unforced errors - service errors, hits out of bounds. The other team didn't look like much of competition. The mistakes should all be fixable though.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
They played a fourth set for kicks and both teams put in their JV squads. The talent gap was huge. The game was tied at 8-8 then BOOM ISU won 25-12.