SEZ information

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
HOLY ****

UTXFJNCCJLMBOAJ.20140512144319.jpg

The Jeff Woody touchdown vs Oklahoma State is the perfect photo to be on the video board.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Wish there were more pictures- such as overhead view, Jacobson Bldg view, press box view. Also wish that the "20 yd line" view wasnt so 'blah'- looks like someone on here drew that up with MS paint.

LOL

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Not a chance. You can't waste 4/5 perfectly good months of construction when there are only 7 days you can't work during that entire time-frame. Especially if you are wanting it done by next August so you can sell the tickets.

It'll be interesting to see what they can pull off this fall with 6 home games to work around.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
YOu have to be able to get to the upper deck....

I think the 20 yd line photo is a pretty poor effort. Looks to be the tunnels from outside concourse.
Haha, I didn't notice the stairs. I'm too excited for my brain to work properly.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
YOu have to be able to get to the upper deck....

I think the 20 yd line photo is a pretty poor effort. Looks to be the tunnels from outside concourse.

Yeah, its pretty obvious the focus is on what it will look like from the outside as the "Gateway to ISU" on University. The renderings from inside the stadium are poor quality, and lacking, IMO. However, they get the point across.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
I would guess construction will start the day after the regents approve this, which is really a formality at this point. Second, I am wondering if there won't be any endzone seats this year do to the project, not sure how they could keep them up with this going on.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Looks awesome, can't wait to see the finished product in 2015.

Some people will find stuff to b**ch and whine about because that's just who they are but this is absolutely huge for Jack Trice Stadium and ISU athletics in general.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I am sure there is quite a bit to be done before they really get going the day after thr last game.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I would guess construction will start the day after the regents approve this, which is really a formality at this point. Second, I am wondering if there won't be any endzone seats this year do to the project, not sure how they could keep them up with this going on.

Have they not already renewed south endzone season ticket holders?

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
What's interesting is that they've indirectly shown how the NEZ would get bowled in if we ever need it.

Gotta agree that the 20 yd line photo looks like they scraped it together in about 20 minutes compared to the outside renderings. Not that I care. It's still damn cool.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Yeah, its pretty obvious the focus is on what it will look like from the outside as the "Gateway to ISU" on University. The renderings from inside the stadium are poor quality, and lacking, IMO. However, they get the point across.

yep - I'm guessing as time goes and the regent meeting gets closer, we'll see alot more detail like we did with the east and west concourse renderings. More architectural drawing stuff.

And to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that the seating is still a bit up in the air - gauging support for the club and such.

But I think it's great.

As for the construction, they can probably do a lot during the summer before opening day - prepping for power/utilities etc, various excavation and footings behind the existing bleachers. I'll bet Ben and company have presented a plan that allows them to work around. That thing is going to be huge and there's a lot of room behind the existing bleachers. Only have to clean it up for 6 dates.

Jack-trice-field-iowa-state-university-south-side.jpg

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
So where will the outdoor club seats be? Where the existing endzone seats are?

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
So where will the outdoor club seats be? Where the existing endzone seats are?

Didn't specify, but you can pretty much bet they will be the rows immediately below the glass facade at the top - so they can control access to and from the club inside. Much like the Jack Trice club on the east side.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron